Markicp

Free Member
Apr 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Looking
Hi All

We are looking at 2 models a PVC & Motorhome for 2 people

First is an Auto-Trail Adventure 65, is there any owners who can give us their opinions it would be appreciated, we viewed the v line 636se last year and liked the setup, we already know payload is low so we would be plating up, it seems to have the best of both worlds for sleeping arrangements, upstairs for sunny weather hopefully sunny climates, down for rainy UK weather, good seating areas.

The other is a motorhome we are considering is the burstner ixeo tl 680g it seems to have no compromises apart from the size, by the time we have a bike rack on the Adventure 65 it is more or less the same length but wider width, we would be looking at models that are above the standard 3500kg so again payload ok, we have read your reviews on the 680 it seems to be highly rated, we have just checked Burstner site it has been replaced by the Lyso harmony line we are not sure on the new layout we prefer the ixeo 680.

Thanks
Mark

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have had an Ixeo it680g for about a month now. Very pleased with it indeed. The bed can be a bit temperamental but we’re getting used to it now.
The living area is immense for its 7 mtr length, and it’s build quality is excellent.
Phil

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We downsized from a coachbuilt motorhome to a PVC and liked the “driveability “ of it. However, we found the narrow area between the kitchen and the opposite aside of the gangway, (shower/toilet in our case), a bit restrictive.

Moving to a 6m compact motorhome with the extra width feels much more spacious although, in real terms, it is only a few inches wider. Driveability is much the same. You don’t notice the extra width and the length is the same.

As we are year round motorhomers the extra width makes it feel better in the winter during the long dark nights.

I can’t comment on the two units you mention as I don’t know them well enough, just the generalities of PVC v Compact.

Unfortunately, what is ideal for us is not the best option for everybody, good luck whichever way you decide to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Firstly I have not owned an A class motorhome but I had a long weekend in a Chausson Flash, and it was a poor use of space and i did not like the drive( Transit) it wallowed on bends, felt spungy and was not as practical to park. My Van conversion was designed by me to ensure sufficient space between kitchen and shower, so many professionally designed vans seem to think only one person is going to move about in it, or I suspect they are really designed for outside living, which is not always practical in the uk.
Van conversions drive a little like a tall car, easier round bends, easier to park and not as imposing parked on a street.
You have to think about the length of time you may be away in it, and consider what you will be taking, camping chairs take room up and the ‘garage’ space under rear beds Can soon get filled, not a problem until you wont spread out on site.

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
We have had our tl 680g for 3 years now and love it. The amount of space it fits into 7m is amazing. The garage easily takes 2 electric bikes, helmets, chargers, tools, 2 tables, 2 chairs, levelling ramps, silver screens, awning sides, EHU cables, hoses, etc. Lots of space inside for dark evenings, spacious bathroom -v useful at the moment, and comfortable bed. Yes it’s bigger than a pvc but quickly get used to it. feel free to PM if you have any detailed questions

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back