PVC additional lighting bars for cab area - warm white LED Strips bright enough? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Looking to put some additional lighting in the cab overhead area of our FIAT PVC. The choice is bewildering. I think I'd prefer 2 X warm white, switched led lighting bars but realise that warm white may not be bright enough. Also, COBs or SMDs?

Anyone (like MinxyGirl on his Globecar Mods site) done this and has recommendations? I already have a good idea or where to tap into the 12v supply.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I got the bright white ones and jeez the are bright, but good for reading,(and interrogating folk)
I think warm white would have been better for me.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Cool white LED's are just too harsh for relaxing, warm white gives a much nicer environment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Warm white edge lit LED tape worked well for the cab for us
IMG_2217.jpeg

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
COB strip has more smaller LEDs per metre, and looks like a continuous line, SMD has less bigger LEDs, so you can see the dots. Warm white is very close to the colour of the old tungsten-halogen bulbs.

You can compare the brightness by looking at the light output in lumens. Or lumens per metre if it's a cuttable strip. With LED strip, the lumens per metre varies with the watts per metre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back