LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Yes took the kids there about 8 -10 years ago. Loved it, really good time, roman stuff and great fun. DOn't expect Alton towers with lots of theme park rides. You need that wonderful Kiddie thing called imaginations, the Gladiators are fantastic.

As for aire and that? cant help with that one im afraid.

Dai

Free Member
May 14, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Visited last September. Mrs was more keen than me but.......boy was I glad we went. Booked the tickets through the Camping and Caravan Club same time as the ferry. We arrived midday and settled down on the aire. The next day was our first day of three, just picked the tickets up at the entrance showing our ref number. We timed the days to include the cinescenie and the organs of fire.

I think there was a 3 days for 2 day price plus the C&CC discount. Expect the weekend to be very busy on the aire especially in high season.

The visit wasn't cheap, damn expensive I thought but worth every penny. I would definately go back. I will go back.

Pay the extra and buy the headphone translators. Negotiated free ones on the day due to mix up with booking ref.

If experiencing the cinescenie i would take something warm and waterproof just in case the weather breaks during the show.

I was told not to go on youtube as it would spoil the different shows. Especially the Vikings. I was glad for the info because I came away thinking "how did they do that"

Enjoy

Dai & karina

treeman

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
Been there a few times now with kids and grannies. As mentioned it's not Alton Towers - I would call it a proper "theme" park, Romans, vikings, medieval, etc. all the shows are very themed. Then there's the bird display - my friends had been before us and were keen for us to go but they told us very little as not to spoil our surprise. They were right not to, the bird display is amazing - keep an eye on the balloon that goes up into the sky! The place is brilliant if you have imagination and open mind (although probably not so good if you have thrill-ride mad kids who want spoon-fed excitement).

On a par with Eftelling park in Holland, although Eftelling is more for younger kids I feel.

Not met anyone who's not enjoyed Puy De Fou.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We started going a long time ago when it was just the village after seeing it on one of the BBCs Sunday farming programmes. We have returned over the years and seen them extending the areas,this was the impetus for us to return. When we went they had just finished the Coluseum,2 years ago we returned to see the Romans and also the Musketeers show in the new theatre with the biggest stage I have ever seen!
The 1920s town square is the Belle Epoque. Agreed with the viking show mysteries,managed to work one trick our but the rest leave me baffled.
We went in the restaurant with the show and ended up dancing in the barn to French bagpipes. The evening show is tremendous our 2 daughters have always loved the Parc,
In fact our youngest was working as a courier for a holiday company in the Vendee and reccommended the Parc to guests,they always came back impressed.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I've always wanted to go there and never have. Sounds utterly fab.

Unfortunately the website info is far too small to read. Making the screen resolution 400% does diddly.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
T

tonywolst

Free Member
Jul 22, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I've always wanted to go there and never have. Sounds utterly fab.

Unfortunately the website info is far too small to read. Making the screen resolution 400% does diddly.

Any ideas?

Stand closer to the screen:ROFLMAO:
or get a kid under 12 with very good eye sight to read it:ROFLMAO:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We went there 2 years ago, we had no idea what it would be but it was brilliant:thumb:
The aire is just a short walk from the entrance so you can come back for a rest before the night time show
There is so much to see that you will need to plan your day as you will not get round it all. The Vikings and the Romans are a must see

Buy the full ticket and go to the nightime show, you will remember it forever, make sure you get a translator box as all the action is in french:Eeek:

Take plenty of food and drink in with you as the prices on site will make your eyes water.

Also take something to sit on as the benches get very hard on the rear end if you don,t

If we go down that way again we would deffo go again:thumb::thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I've put a full online review of the Puy du Fou Aire and some Parc survival tips Link Removed.

If you can manage watching a three hour show in any weather on the world's biggest open air stage, definitely book the Cinescenie spectacular for the evening.

Also, don't miss The Ghost Bird's Ball among all the other attractions - unique.

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Oh WOW, Magic!

Loved your 'allo sailor pic in Honfleur LOL purely for the humour - but certainly the other pics on your blog are well worth a look, I can only stand back in admiration.

Certainly beats me and im in bike leathers standing by the anchor, ROFL

Oh and of course the Pui du Fou info !

Jenny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back