Puy du Fou, first 2 weeks in September (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

We are going to Puy du Fou during the first 2 weeks of September if anyone is interested in joining us you would be welcome, we haven't confirmed the dates yet but we intend to be at the actual Parc for 2 days between the 2nd and the 11th September 2010, the rest of the 2 weeks we will be just touring around which you are also welcome to join us.

The reason for the dates I have given is that we are flexible for nearly any 2 nights within that date range, as we have already purchased the combined Grand Parc + Cinescenie 2 day tickets (€55) and the Cinescenie which we have been told is a must, is only held or certain dates which I believe are 3rd-4th-5th-10th-11th nights, so we will book to ensure we are there for one of those dates, hope it makes sense.

Here is a link to the Parc's web site, which is worth viewing even if you aren't interested

http://www.puydufou.com/en

We will be booking our ferry and Parc dates by next Friday, so if you are interested let me know.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
We have been to the Parc on a number of occasions and seen it grow and develop. Motorhome parking is in a specially designated area close to the entrance (UK TAKE NOTE!!!).
The show is spectacular don't forget to bbok the headphones with the English commentary,unless you Frenc is 'magnifique'. I have never seen effects,fireworks or tableaux like it anywhere-well worth the trip. The Roman colusem is one of the best shows.
I know you will really enjoy it.

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
In the light of the possible problems with Seafrance we have booked our ferry with Norfolklines to cover this trip

Depart: DOVER to DUNKERQUE 05/09/10 14:00
Return: DUNKERQUE to DOVER 20/09/10 16:01
£61
including booking fee for debit card

We intend to visit the Parc on the 10th and 11th September 2010 staying on the Aire both nights

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
We had no idea what went on there before we went
Worth every euro, fantastic
Warning
Take something soft to sit on!
My bum was flat for a week after we left:cry:
Start with the Vikings and work your way around from there
Happy Daze
Chrisboyo

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Looking for somewhere in France 1st Week of September, looks like a nice place to visit.
Assume this is the MH parking on site.

tonybrightspark

Attachments

• puydefou.jpg
    puydefou.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 24

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Braunston
We will be in France for all of September, ferry is already booked, and we are intending to visit the Parc. Would be great to meet up on your chosen dates. Would like to know more about pre booking tickets. Can have a chat with you if you are going to Peterborough. Any advice will be appreciated. but as we will not have full access to internet until we get home next Sunday we will not be able reply to postings until then.
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Brisey

That would be great, would love to meet up at the Parc, we unfortunately won't be able to make the Peterborough show which is a really pity as it would have been good to meet up and have a chat.

As for the pre booking tickets, you can book on line for your chosen dates, we have tickets from last year that we booked on line but were unable to attend so they gave us credit notes for this season.

It does appear that the parc may not be fully manned at the moment as we have tried telephoning but have been unable to make contact, I have a feeling that it probably doesn't get fully up to speed until early June.

Hi Braunston
We will be in France for all of September, ferry is already booked, and we are intending to visit the Parc. Would be great to meet up on your chosen dates. Would like to know more about pre booking tickets. Can have a chat with you if you are going to Peterborough. Any advice will be appreciated. but as we will not have full access to internet until we get home next Sunday we will not be able reply to postings until then.
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Just an update we telephoned the Parc and have confirmed our booking for the 10th and 11th September 2010, we have booked 2 days in the Parc and the Cinescenie for the evening, if anyone would like to join us you would be most welcome.

Our ferry times with Norfolkline are:-

Depart: DOVER to DUNKERQUE 05/09/10 14:00
Return: DUNKERQUE to DOVER 20/09/10 16:01

Braunston

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Take cushions! We have 2 memory foam wedges. Fantastic place, but the seating is pretty severe. The spaces on the aire with electric (tokens from machine) are popular.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
They don't allow umbrellas if it's raining during the Cinescenie so take waterproof headgear.

If you want one of the themed meals around midday head for the customer service booth as soon as you get into the entrance gates as the park opens - the places will go fast.

Don't miss the Ghost Birds' Ball.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I cannot recommend it highly enough. I think the less detail you know about it the greater the surprises will be. We expected to be there for the day but the Dutchman next to us on the (huge) aire suggested we should stay a second night. We realised why as we were going round. You cannot do it justice in just one day. If you can get to watch the Scenicine show it is spectacular. Make sure you watch the evening show at the lake on another day.

Wyn

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Thanks for the info folks.
It seems a one day ticket is £28.74 each and not much less if you book for two days. We are going to see what we can in one day and then make a decision whether to stay more days.

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
pdf_aire.jpg

The aire at Puy du Fou - several long rows. Barrier control, ticket machine at gate for payment, water or ehu tokens. There is a shuttle bus from the barrier and at peak times, a bread van. Often plenty of room the further from the barrier you are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back