scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
i am not very good on computors,but i keep seeing posts about putting campsites and aires on POI any advice avnt got a scuby doo????

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
Via live 130

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotty1

scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
GJH i use my drive but i have never downloaded anything before that alone put it on to a tom tom.haha.one day perhaps? Cheers Scotty

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
GJH i use my drive but i have never downloaded anything before that alone put it on to a tom tom.haha.one day perhaps? Cheers Scotty
Once you are logged into My Drive look at the foot of the screen and use the User Guide and Help links.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The Via Live 130 will accept POIs from third parties.

Some TomToms are like any other external storage device when connected to your computer. They have their own folder structure which can be explored and added to. However, unless you're confident with using a memory stick or a portable hard drive I'm not sure I can be of much help without actually sitting at your computer.

My Drive is an interface which allows you to manage your TomTom but I'm pretty certain it will only download POI's from its approved library, and not all of them will be free of charge. The thing to watch out for with My Drive is it takes bloody ages too update your map files. If you're going to try it, leave it running overnight. I agree with GJH - My Drive's your best starting point.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Once you are logged into My Drive look at the foot of the screen and use the User Guide and Help links.
My Drive is an interface which allows you to manage your TomTom but I'm pretty certain it will only download POI's from its approved library, and not all of them will be free of charge.
I've just had the chance to check with my TomTom (had to charge the battery first). You add third party POIs using the Manage Community Content tool.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back