PUT DE FOU - worth it? (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Any one visited this theme park? They have an overnight aires for 7E.
We are thinking of treating ourselves to a couple of days here (68E each but no more than disney for one day!). Its a theme park for grown ups as well as kids.
Just wondered if anyone has been here and is the cinescenie worth paying extra for?

sorry should be PUY DE FOU not PUT DE FOU (won't let me edit the title?)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Yes, yes, yes. Definately allow more than just one day and if you can include cinescenie do so.
We went and were intending to stay overnight then visit next day but were advised by the Dutchman pitched next to us to make it two. I can see why. You can't do it justice in one day. Also, as well as Cinescenie try to catch the evening show on the lake - unforgettable.

Wyn

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
We keep meaning to - just had a look and the only dates tickets are still available to include Cinescenie are 2 & 3 September and 7 & 8 Sept. So if you want to go this year - best grab them.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
It's just brilliant. Yes you need two days and deffo the night one if you can. Aire is a few minutes walk away.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
It's an excellent visit! Last time we went we bought tickets in advance from a nearby campsite where we'd gone to stock up etc. The aire is one of the biggest I've seen, and it still got pretty full. It's a fairly easy walk but we used our bikes as it meant that we could get back to spend time with the dog, eat etc then back for another show.
I think the birds are sensational!!!

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Puy du Fou has the mother of all aires, but after Disneyland it's France's most popular attraction so you'd expect that.

Cinscenie isn't on every night of the week - I think it's Fri and Sat only but it runs in all weathers. It's the world's biggest outdoor stage and the show is unique. If it's raining don't take an umbrella, you won't be allowed to use it in the auditorium. I've described it elsewhere as Breughel on LSD.

Inside the park it's possible to get round all the spectaculars in a day but you need to be organised with the timetable. As @brynic says, don't miss the Bal du Oiseaux Fantomes. The themed mid-day meals can be entertaining too, but you need to book at the office as soon as the gates open in the morning as the resort hotels have block booking options.

One aire tip - the service points are a bit limited for such a large aire. You might be best off making sure you're full of water and empty of waste before you get there, then do all your re-filling and emptying somewhere else after you've left.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Its a theme park,but not as we know it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Two words.

Do it !

It is awesome in a very strange French way.

We did it a coupe of years ago with out then 6 ear old You do need at least two days to see all the shows

Daniel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back