Pushbike trailer for a dog (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I can't believe it but i have seen young heathy dogs both in these trailers and in hand bags,,,has the world gone mad. BUSBY :D:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I can't believe it but i have seen young heathy dogs both in these trailers and in hand bags,,,has the world gone mad. BUSBY :D:D
Whilst some may be healthy unfortunately not all young dogs are. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
One needing a bit of TLC very cheap here!

Broken Link Removed

Perfik! :)
Mail duly sent explains I am happy to pay for it immediately but canna collect till late March...

Cheers Minxy !

So we want to cycle several miles.. We wanna take daft dog with us ( who quite possibly is not the sanest mutt is perfectly healthy ! )... Short of carrying him on my shoulders there is not much else we ca do !

How about a different option. I have this kit for the bigger dog and he loves it.

http://www.snowpawstore.com/bikejoring-cycling-with-your-dog.html

Fun but not really practical for us .....

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Hello Jaws, if you're still looking for a dog trailer, we have a trixie one we have only used a handful of times that we were thinking of selling, but have just not got around to advertising. I think it's size is medium, we bought it new for our 2 Scotties, but they weren't very keen and we resorted to separate baskets on the back of each of our bikes instead. We are in Norfolk so not too far away from you, unless you're travelling?

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Jacq,
still looking..
Reply from eBay person said they wanted shot of straight away so could not wait until we got back at the end of next month..
I will PM you mate

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We use ours on electric bikes, although the first time I fitted the towing attachment, I stripped the thread on the axle nut as there weren't as many threads to grab, I had to counterbore the bracket to expose more threads. Having the trailer means we can go a bit further with the dogs, especially if it's warm, although they did manage 15 miles with us along the Mosel last year.
The most important thing is to get your mutt used to the trailer, like leaving the wheels off it in the house and letting your dog sleep in it. Don't forget doggy trailers can also be used to carry beer and wine (y)

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Great for your shopping as well as dogs. We used ours along the Mosel too. I did feel a bit guilty that Bernie was towing the 2 dogs though while I was just towing my own bulk!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A deal is done and sorted !
Big thanks to everyone for their input and to Jacq for coming to the rescue :)
It will be me who does the towing so 'twill be Womans job to feel guilty! LOL !!

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Glad it worked out for you in the end. Think we're keeping our as we still have a 9 year old lab who might need in future.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back