Purewateronline Lose Distribution Rights as Funsters Refunded (1 Viewer)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well done Jim , Techno and the other Funsters.

It's good to see that the American company has done the right thing.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good result thanks to everybody involved including general ecology for putting things right.

Martin

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
This is the difference. The magazines would have hidden this for fear of upsetting a regular advertiser.

Also as the magazines take Weeks, if not Months to publish anything newsworthy, it's not news by the time it is published, allowing the miscreant time to put "plans in place" Issue statements like "We've learnt from this" "This must never happen again"

The "Pen may be mightier than the Sword" but the keyboard exposes deceit

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Well done to everyone who was involved in the successful resolution of this issue. It just shows how much power this forum is able to exert in such circumstances.

I believe that General Ecology have been very honourable in their efforts to compensate members, Fiat could learn a lot from them, their reaction to Jddergate was the polar opposite.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Wonder who will become their UK distributor now - maybe an opening for you there Jim. Id always had my reservations about Harald as far back as 2000 when were building our narrowboat and fitting out. We had one of their earlier filter systems plumbed into the galley.
Harald used to be at various boat shows with his tank of blue water.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I have - I would have thought a condition of his demise would have been removal of any GE references on his website. To anyone who doesn't know he is still their sole European distributor.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Excellent result. The customer is always right and the sharpster gets his come uppance!

No doubt the manufacturer will sue him for what he has been doing!

Good riddance!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have - I would have thought a condition of his demise would have been removal of any GE references on his website. To anyone who doesn't know he is still their sole European distributor.
Hopefully its just because it takes time for his web guys to get onto it.

Martin

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Wouldn't he be given a certain length of time to alter his publicity material & stationery?
I presume though, he wouldn't be allowed to complete existing orders or take new ones & any 'stock' to be returned to the manufacturer.
Assuming he's being "honourable" :cautious: ?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Haralds website makes no mention of them being cast adrift by General Ecology, in fact just the opposite.

http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/files/TRANSITIONLETTERPWOL.pdf

Well GE are pretty clear he's not their distributor as of midnight last night. I'm guessing, but I'd have thought Harald only learned of this in the last 24 hours or so. I would think that the website is outsourced, so changes will take time and likely he'll be given a bit of grace to remove GE Products.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It's realistically unlikely that this would have come to a resolution without you Jim
So under direction from Jacs any money we receive back from general ecology will also be donated to myaware as and when they pay it (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I paused my imminent purchase when Andy @Techno first brought this to our attention, thank you Andy. Thank you also Jim for following through with this and liaising with General Ecology.

Thank you GE for your Customer Care attitude, it just makes you stronger when your customer base sings your praises.

Griff

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
So when this system is working properly do you recycle your grey water?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
OMG - genius! Chris either you could make a fortune or I'm reading this through Night Nurse induced hallucinating eyes.....

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well done to Jim, MHF and especially Eagle Eyed Andy for bringing it all to light - an amazing result - just REALLY glad that no one seems to have suffered any ill health effects from this, and that the situation hopefully can never happen again. (y)

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
The time and efforts of Jim in regards to this matter are greatly appreciated, I believe Jim has gone above and beyond for all those concerned.
:thanks4:
And of course a virtual larger on me for @Techno for bringing this matter to our attention(y)

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Not sure, but I don't believe techno drinks 'virtual lager'. However large cans of craft beers are a different matter!:D

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
You can do. The demonstration they do at the Crick boat show is to pump dirty water straight from the river and filter it and allow people to drink it

They are that good (When your supplied the correct filter of course)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I paused my imminent purchase when Andy @Techno first brought this to our attention, thank you Andy.

Thank you also Jim for following through with this and liaising with General Ecology.

Thank you GE for your Customer Care attitude, it just makes you stronger when your customer base sings your praises.

Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back