Purchase of Alde Compact 3020 HTF (Heat Transfer Fluid) (1 Viewer)

Gloombusters

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 454
Exp
30+ years
I am currently camped up at Totana in Spain and have noticed that the header tank for my Alde heating system requires topping up.
Are any of you Funsters aware of anywhere that might stock this or a compatible fluid.
Our next stop is in the Mazarron direction.
Thought I'd packed everything for our travels!!
Thanks

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I am currently camped up at Totana in Spain and have noticed that the header tank for my Alde heating system requires topping up.
Are any of you Funsters aware of anywhere that might stock this or a compatible fluid.
Our next stop is in the Mazarron direction.
Thought I'd packed everything for our travels!!
Thanks
Just top up with neat suitable for alloy engines which is probably universal antifreeze ,I topped mine up with neat antifreeze its ok as long as it does not need a litre , also be careful as when the system gets hot the tank level rises ,I was advised by a Dealer to keep it filled just below Max. level mark because of expansion when hot

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
If it is only a small amount approx. 1/2 ltr was told it would be ok to use distilled water

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Just been for a cup of tea to some friends on the La Manga rally who told us that their neighbour last night topped up the Alde tank in the dark with toilet fluid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just been for a cup of tea to some friends on the La Manga rally who told us that their neighbour last night topped up the Alde tank in the dark with toilet fluid.
Should be able to see the level OK now then.

Martin

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years

The person should have gone to Spec Savers , I would be concerned as I suspect toilet fluid could be corrosive , needs to get it checked out, and perhaps flushed out, he should contact a Alde Dealer / Repairer

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Advice given in the Alde app is that the filler tank when cold should show at 1cm above minimum.
Checking and changing glycol mixture
Regularly check the heating system’s fluid level in the expansion tank. The level should be about 1 cm above the minimum mark, with the heating system cold. The heating system should be filled with a fluid mixture made up from water and ethylene glycol. For best results, use high-quality ready-mixed ethylene glycol (with inhibitors) intended for use in aluminium heating systems. The proportions when using concentrated ethylene glycol are 60% distilled water or water free from salts and 40% ethylene glycol. If the heating system is exposed to temperatures lower than -25°C, a higher ethylene glycol content must be used, but not more than 50%. Glycol mixture must be changed every other year as properties such as corrosion protection will deteriorate. If Alde Premium Antifreeze is used, the change interval can be extended to five years under normal operating conditions. If the fluid level is too low, the ethylene glycol content must be checked before topping up. This is to prevent excessive concentration of ethylene glycol in the mixture. When topping up, use the same quality of ethylene glycol mixture already in the system, alternatively use Alde Premium Antifreeze, which is compatible with most ethylene glycol brands on the market. NB! Any vessels used for handling or mixing the liquid must be spotlessly clean, and the pipes in the heating system must be free of contamination. This is to prevent the growth of bacteria and corrosion in the system. The boiler must not be started if there is no ethylene glycol fluid in the system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back