Purchase of a MH? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2021
Next to The Rusty Angel
Funster No
MH
Race Van
Morning All,

Hope it's OK to post in this section?

Recently joined this site after coming across it whilst trawling the net. Enjoyed the posts with plenty of crack along with helpful tips so signed up.

I am looking to purchase a MH and looking for advise on what I should be looking out for. I have little experience of the pit falls if any, so I am calling on your wealth of knowledge to help point me in the right direction.

What size water tanks would work well? What payload should I be looking for? I do have a C1. I know it is down to my own preference but trying to get a feel of what works?

I have been searching the likes of Elddis, Swift, Autotrail. There will lots of you who have or had these types of MH so I am calling on your experience for advise.

Ideally I am looking for one with:-

2 to 4 berth
Island bed.
Alde heating
Separate toilet / shower
Large fridge

TA Steve

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
How are you going to or intend to use it?

nights out/ weekends away on sites.?
wild camping for days/ weeks on end in the highlands/touring Europe, off grid?
2 4 or 6 of you?
pets?

make-a list of things you THINK you need, but i guarantee that there are things you dont know you need and things that you think you need but in fact dont

Personally, I would have an educated guess at the layout you think you need, and then hire one close to that layout. It will be the best £1000 you EVER “waste” in your motorhome journey
im on my 4th in 3 years

OP
OP
Moto GBR
Apr 12, 2021
Next to The Rusty Angel
Funster No
MH
Race Van
I intend to use it for mainly weekend trips away with a few weeks through out the year touring. It will mainly be used for just the two of us but would like the option for 4.

I have a generator so could be used off grid if need be?

TA Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back