Pullingers (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
This thread is for the general discussion of the Motorhome Dealer Pullingers. Hit the Review Button at the top of the page to leave a proper review. Feel free to discuss it below.

agumdoo

Free Member
Mar 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
We bought a caravan from Pullingers a couple of years ago, got a great deal from the owners son. Drove 600 miles to collect it. When we got there the owner was not happy with the price we were quoted. I found him rude and brusque. He told us that everything worked but the gas element on the fridge was burnt out.
When we returned he did not look up from his desk and said speak to somebody in the yard.
We found the son and the staff very helpful and polite. We had the fridge repaired in Inverness, sold our caravan and bought Chausson motorhome - not from Pullingers.

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I cannot account for the poor experience of Agumdoo, for during the several years purchasing, servicing, habitation checks and modifications they made to our Dethleffs van, we met nothing but good service and a friendly reception.

scotfree

Free Member
May 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa 6820
Exp
since 2008
We bought a new Dethleffs (Alpa 6820-2) from Pullingers on 2nd March this year. Got very good service, picked up at Stanstead Airport twice to take us to there premises. Found the staff friendly and very knowledgeable, I was after extra solar panels and habitation batteries etc. It came as a relief that I was actually talking to people who understood the workings of the motorhome, good depth of electrical knowledge. Would definitely use them again. Unfortunately due to covid 19 we have only been away one night free camping in Scotland where we live but looking forward to the end of lockdown and getting away.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We bought van from them in 2011, the owner doesnt tell the truth in my opinion and wouldnt go anywhere near them again.

I agree with the other chap, his son is a nice fellow though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rosalan
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I bought a van from them in 2012 (I think). I could not fault the service and follow-up support. Their engineer John and his son went out of their way to resolve problems (accidental damage x 2 and adding a new window).
I only met the owner once, with no problems and his wife sold us the van we were looking at by bringing us a hot drink with biscuits while we were sitting in the van and thinking about it.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
We bought a caravan from Pullingers a couple of years ago, got a great deal from the owners son. Drove 600 miles to collect it. When we got there the owner was not happy with the price we were quoted. I found him rude and brusque. He told us that everything worked but the gas element on the fridge was burnt out.
When we returned he did not look up from his desk and said speak to somebody in the yard.
We found the son and the staff very helpful and polite. We had the fridge repaired in Inverness, sold our caravan and bought Chausson motorhome - not from Pullingers.
Very interesting. We had similar experience with dad when choosing our motorhome at NEC a few years ago. He was very brusque and off putting telling us of all the expensive extras that were essential, which being prospective new Motorhomers but v experienced caravanners we were not going to fall for. We walked away, but later drove over to their dealship and had a delightful meeting with his son and nearly bought a van but couldn’t quite get rid of the memory of our encounter with dad. Walked away.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
When we purchased our Dethleffs secondhand it was only 18 months old and had been bought by the original owner from Pullingers. We decided to go and visit Pullingers as the nearest Dethleffs agent to us, and the original supplier, to see what they were like. Whilst there we enquired about taking our van to them fro future servicing etc and were bluntly told they were not interested as they had full workshops with customers who had bought their vans from them.

Needless to say we have never been back to them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back