PUBLIC WEIGHBRIDGE QUESTION/INFO (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
When attending a public weighbridge, is it necessary to load the MoHo up with absolutely everything including food and clothes? Or is it ok to estimate the weight of those items (plus the wife) as long as fuel, water, gas cylinders and all of the rest of the tut is on board at the time of weighing.
Don't really want to start a trip at a weighbridge!

Also, what's the drill? Do the weighbridge operators guide you as to the procedure? Do they explain the certificate? Do you drive on and weigh the front, then the rear, then the whole vehicle? What?

A local reputable metal scrap company specifically mention weighing motorhomes on their website, so thought I'd go there.

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
SORRY. DUPLICATED THREAD. SEE POST ABOVE.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Just an observation. When i used scrap metal yards to check weigh loads,i found it usefull to give the magnet crane drive a couple of quid to "Sweep" the area with the magnet..... Tyres aren't cheap,so to me, lose £2 up front,than lose whatever a m/home tyre-s? may cost.
Of course,it may be a super clean area... look first.
Tea Bag

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
When attending a public weighbridge, is it necessary to load the MoHo up with absolutely everything including food and clothes? Or is it ok to estimate the weight of those items (plus the wife) as long as fuel, water, gas cylinders and all of the rest of the tut is on board at the time of weighing.
Don't really want to start a trip at a weighbridge!

Also, what's the drill? Do the weighbridge operators guide you as to the procedure? Do they explain the certificate? Do you drive on and weigh the front, then the rear, then the whole vehicle? What?

A local reputable metal scrap company specifically mention weighing motorhomes on their website, so thought I'd go there.
Decide what you need to know. I want to know my all-up axle weights with the van in holiday trim so I call in when I'm on a trip and the van is as heavy as it is ever likely to be. Weighbridge operators tend to know what you're doing so simply drive on first with only the front axle then when the man indicates move forward so both axles are on the plate. You'll be given a ticket with the weights printed on it at which point you offer to pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back