LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
When away in the van we often prefer to use buses to get about if available, using our old fogies bus passes ::bigsmile:
I found an app in Google play called UK bus times that shows bus stops and services in to your location, we have used it a couple of times and it's proved very useful and it's free :thumb: Can't work out how to put a link to an app, but if you search in the app store or Google play you will find it

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've had it on my tablet or a while. It's pretty good most of the time but not foolproof. In Bridlington last week I found that only some of the bus stops were recorded. Certainly worth having though.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Is there anything like that for Windows, or for those of us who don't use smart phones? :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks John, and Graham for the links.

I do tend to use either of those when I can get WiFi or a decent mobile internet signal. I just wondered if there was a downloadable programme similar to the bus time Apps

BTW, if you zoom in on Google Maps, and click on the little blue bus stops, up comes a link to the travel info for that service, eg, http://goo.gl/maps/2A6lL

Cheers,

Jock.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
there is also bus scout for android

Thanks for this, I wish we'd known about this as we stood waiting for a bus in the Dales recently. After waiting at what we assumed was the right stop, we saw the bus turn down another road on the opposite side........needless to say we missed it!:Doh:
Have got it on the phone now, thanks! :thumb:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think any of these apps would be pretty useless down in Devon, outside the Damage Barton CC site was a bus stop with a telephone number on it to ring the Bus Co. who supposedly would tell you what time the next bus would arrive and they still never came:Doh:, but I'm nor surprised, the narrow lanes round there would make any bus scheduling impossible:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back