Rally Chat Pub with Rally Field-Possible rally? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've had someone contact me about rallies; they have a rally site about 12 miles East of Chester. Does anyone know the Shrewsbury Arms, Little Budworth?

We have a small pub with a camp site to the rear, perfect for motorhome pub stop overs. We also have 5 acres of land that is on sand beds, ideal for rally's, meets etc. We only have five electric hardstanding and 6 on grass. Was wondering what the best way to encourage motorhome users to visit our site would be. We are the Shrewsbury Arms, Little Budworth, CW6 9EY.

I asked about rates and told them that good rally rate would attract members that might return and use their CL. They just sent this. Sounds OK.

Our rates vary depending on how many, but usually we charge £6.00 per unit with out electric. There is a septic tank on site for waste and drinking water available. We are open all year. We are very lucky in that our field never gets very muddy, as the ground lies over a sand bed, as we are near the Cheshire Salt mines and an old salt quarry. Our ground is very absorbent and ideal for camping/motor homes. The Beer garden lies in front of the camp field and has plenty of seating and swings for children. There is a toilet that can be used at night as well via a key code entry. Pub toilets are open all day whilst the pub is open. The pub is open daily for food from 12 noon. We can accommodate about 27 vans/motorhomes, depending on size of their unit. We are only 1 mile from Oulton park race track. About ten miles into Chester, Cheshire oaks, Blue planet aquarium and Chester zoo are not far away. We will put entertainment on if there is a request for it. We are a small friendly pub and have an open fire in the winter.

Anyone fancy running a rally here? It pretty central and sounds like it could be good.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Should that be Edgerton Arms ?
Nice pub about 10 years ago when i was last there, and a nice area to explore

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I must be thinking of a different pub
Ah yes, Edgerton Arms is in the village, Shrewsbury Arms is on the main road, never been to Shrewsbury Arms so can't comment.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0509.PNG
It's in searchforsites but it says it's a ccc site

Reactions: DBK

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Capture.JPG

Access looks good, if I had known last week I could have called in and taken photos, was looking for somewhere to break the journey from Taunton to home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Nice area Jim, could be handy for anyone going to the Chester Rally at Easter, it's just 13 miles from Chester.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0510.PNG
I know this isn't the thread for this,and I apologise for mentioning it, but just looking it up on searchforsites really goes to show what a great resource www.searchforsites.co.uk is, here is all the sites around that pub in one place

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We live up the road from the pub and as has been said it is a tight turning through a narrow space, but saying that there are always motorhomes and caravans there so they must be able to get in. Nice area round there and the pub is nice.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It's quite near the Cotton Arms field at the back of their camp site isn't it, where we have had some lovely Funster meets ... under a tenner too.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I think the MCC (North West Mids group) have used this site in the past, but haven't been in that group since moving to France.

J

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back