Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Okay...not exactly in the UK at the moment...it's the sunny Algarve right now.

But there are a ton of things we're grateful for having now made the move from Canada to the UK.

For the past 8 months we've been privileged to have toured the UK, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia. Slovakia, Hungary, southern Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Istanbul, Greece, Italy (again), Spain and Portugal...and all thanks to the wonderful facilities and structures UK citizens (and citizens of the eurozone) take for granted.

A year ago I was posting to this fantastic forum from the trapped confines of our home in Canada. For the past 8 months we've savoured the freedom that is motorhoming in Europe.

A simple email to our inurers allows us to visit more exotic neighbouring countries at no extra charge with a green card.

The UK EHIC card allowed us to purchase medicine that would have cost us $250 in Canada for 43 Euros here in Portugal.

And, today, the good old DVLA has given me, in exchange for my Canadian driver licence, a spanking new full-on UK driver licence. I only sent the application in less than 2 weeks ago!!!!!!

Without going into too much drama about the utter confusion in converting a Canadian/South African driver licence to a UK one, it's pretty jolly decent of the UK authrorities to give me a proper UK licence when a Brit arriving in BC, Canada would not get the reciprical treatment (and would have to undergo practical driver testing).

Proud to be British!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
For the past 8 months we've been privileged to have toured the UK, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia. Slovakia, Hungary, southern Poland, Romania, Bulgaria, Istanbul, Greece, Italy (again), Spain and Portugal...and all thanks to the wonderful facilities and structures UK citizens (and citizens of the eurozone) take for granted.

Proud to be British!!

R E S P E C T !

You put us all to shame, keep the good work up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Does that meanyou are staying here

Does that mean you are staying here? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::RollEyes:

I thought you had to be from Iran, of be an Afgan, or from eastern Europe to want to come to the UK?...

There I was thinking how big and open Canada was when I visited ... Could not drive across your homeland in a day... And I do not recall you having a big car park like us called the M25:cry:

Nothing as strange as folk as they say.

But you are welcome...

Bob:Eeek:

pat101

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
cornwall
Funster No
Exp
Christ,

I'm gonna register myself as Canadian when filling in forms from now on, Good luck to you guys, don't think us Islanders get the same service some how.

Enjoy your travels wish i was as free.
Regards.

Pat.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back