Proposed toll for motorhomes and campervans on NC500 Scottish route (1 Viewer)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
What's different to this from the various "tourist \ transit \ toll" taxes in a considerable number of counties throughout the world?:think:

None. But why should the UK slavishly follow the Herd?.

I can just see the L-A`s "commissars" allocating the cash to more biscuits, "information gathering" trips to Thailand etc; And forming a committee to consider building an "aire de repos", which will meet in the local pub twice a week for about 5 years and then decide not to bother.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
When I worked there it was cold wet and full of midges in the summer, and worse in the winter, why do you want to go?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think the main issue was the fact that there were convoys of motorhomes (mainly Italian) that were so close together that the passing places were blocked. I witness similar on road along the side of Loch Ness towards Fort William last year, neither buses or emergency vehicles s were able to get passed. So although I don't condone the idea of tolls etc. I can understand how they feel, similar situations in Cornwall and Devon. If only the drivers would leave decent gaps between vehicles I am sure the issue would resolve itself. Well that's my observations and opinion..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We often do the NC500 but don't wildcamp preferring to use campsites around the route .
Buy our food in local shops and eat out most day's so as far as I'm concerned we are contributing to the local economy .
I don't agree with a further charge to use the route and should it be implemented this is one Scottish resident who will go elsewhere

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
This is just another MP pumping his gums, there's no point in getting upset about it.

Besides which, anyone who's driven up there has already paid a fortune in fuel duty, there are only so many times that people would put up with being taxed!

Seems to me that its the tenting brigade that need to be taxed properly, the mess they leave behind in our area is really troubling. See Below.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back