Propex 1800 heater ...Help please (1 Viewer)

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I have had my van a couple of years now and when I first got it I didn't really get to grips with how this propex heater works so I have just managed with the gas /electric truma ..... However I am now determined to get the damn thing working. I have sussed out all the instructions and am now just getting two flashes on the indicator which apparently is to do with not getting enough gas. Looking from above the propex unit the gas pipe leaves the box and then seems to connect,via a tee junction, to the hot water tank so is this normal and do I have to have the hot water working at the same time. Any advice please would be appreciated

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The 'T' is just to provide a gas supply to whichever needs it. Have you waited long enough for gas to reach the Propex? It can take a while if it hasn't been in use. You may just need to keep trying.

OP
OP
Lucky one
Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Yes tried it about 6 or 8 times ....Made sure no gas pockets on other appliances....It comes on with both lights for about 2 mins then cuts out and starts blinking Twice..... Fault finder says either no gas or "Injestion of gas through combustion air intake" what does that mean ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Check out the inlet and exhaust pipes which will be under the van, if they have moved slightly and are out of position then the heater will cut out.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We had an autosleeper with proper type heater (whale) the exhaust flexible pipe would sometimes get a collection of water condensation. Had to undo the bracket and drain it, it only needed a small amount of water to make it cut out.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Which model of Propex heater are we talking about? I had similar issues with mine (HS2000 model) which I eventually traced to a faulty ignitor electrode.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The igniter electrode is inside the combustion chamber so the heater needs to be completely stripped. Any competent person could do it.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back