Proper fish cakes (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
When I was a kid, some company like Findus or Ross used to churn out the mushy fish and tatey (shite) mush in breadcrumbs. My mum bought them once and she swore. She was catholic and never swore.

She's heard of this forrin muck, but didn't believe it. But one week she was a bit skint and had no choice to buy that shite.

I went around a few newsagents and got her a morning paper round and we went back to proper Yorkshire scran :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not often I disagree with you Joy... But seriously?

Too ponsey for my taste. Fish cakes should only have fish, potato and batter with maybe a touch of salt...

That Oliver chap has ruined many a good dish by poncing it up...

Salmon :confused::unsure:

Well I don't eat any fish ... but they looked good. I was just made up they didn't need potato. :)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
If you go to most chip shops they will have offcuts of fish which they will sell you a mixed bag of pretty cheap.

I found out about this because my mum buys a largish bag, splits it up into small portions and freezes them. She then microwaves them for her cat as a treat now and again.

However, I found a bag of mixed fix bits makes an excellent fish pie or (yorkshire) fish cake..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
That’s my local chippy that is! Gets a 10/10 from me.

They have a good sit down restaurant area too.(y) Well recommended for anyone in the area, also have a couple of local campsites on the edge of the moors - good location for exploring the more rural parts of West Yorkshire and the southern part of North Yorkshire.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
Yorkshire Fishcakes are the food of gods especially when served in a Yorkshire Breadcake.
Almost exclusively only available in Yorkshire.

Yorkshire Fishcake butty --- I'll be having one tomorrow for mi dinner.:party2:

View attachment 215626

Yorkshire Fishcake:clap2:

View attachment 215627

Foreign Muck.:Eeek:

View attachment 215628
a Yorkshire man born and bred, we always called them fish scones, fish between big slice of potato on the out side deep fried.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back