Free Member
Mar 28, 2012
Tucson, Az.
Funster No
MH
Class A
Exp
1 yr
While getting propane afew months ago I was scholded by the attendant for having the propane valve open while driving. He said it is not safe. My refridgerator operates on either propane or electricity when the motorhome is plugged in, not on the batteries. If I shut off the propane while driving it is not going to work. Most people drive with the propane on don't they?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
agree with Eddie on this

I am sure that you meant that "Some smaller fridges have a 12v supply"

My big fridge/freezer in my RV is designed to run only on mains and gas.

You'll find that fridges on 12v are designed to keep cool but are no where near as effective as when on gas or AC supply

Eddie

I fully agree with Eddie on this our Winnebago also has only LPG or mains.. designed that way.. Most RV's tend to travel with the LPG on to keep the fridge and freezer working. Have been doing it for 25 years now.

Bob

Upvote 0
Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Turn off

Couldn't agree more... treat with repect. I'm a Yorkshireman (living in Spain) following a fine example of 'poorly shod in the winter and well loved in the summer and they'll never yer'

Oh yes... I always have the gas turned off at the bottle when on the road.

Definately off.
You never know what would happen in case of an accident. Remember if gas leaks it goes to its lowest point and you might not know it.
I have seen a boat blow up because somebody forgot the basic safety rules of using gas. It's a great fuel but has to be treated with respect. Just like a good woman.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back