Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Like it or not, in the modern idiom many people will use social media channels to report poor service, bad experiences or general dissatisfaction etc (as is their right within reasonable bounds). This is why large companies are also investing in messaging across those same social media channels.

The CC probably need to be cognizant of such, train their staff accordingly and keep up with the times!
Couldn't have put it more eloquently myself!
If someone wanted to promote the cc on twitter or any other social media would that be acceptable? Or should it be directed only to the cc website

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
I do not know if the warden this year is the same as last, but I owe him a debt of gratitude. As I was leaving the site after a weekend stay he flagged me down and drew my attention to something suspended below the engine which was almost touching the ground.
Turned out that when Vospers (Plymouth) had serviced the vehicle earlier in the week they had not removed the large bottle used to bleed the brakes (or was it the clutch?).
If it had not been spotted I think some damage may have resulted.
Although I am a big fan of Alice Roberts, if she was unhappy at the behaviour of the warden she should made a complaint to the CC, not go moaning on Twatter.

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Although I am a big fan of Alice Roberts, if she was unhappy at the behaviour of the warden she should made a complaint to the CC, not go moaning on Twitter.
Of course we don't know if she did [also] complain to the CC as well...

Reactions: GJH

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
You say we should not complain on social media, this is social media and we sure get a hell of a lot of complaining.

There is also internet code of conduct that is now law since 2104 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/21/uk_defamation_law_reforms_take_effect_from_start_of_2014/

New regulations, which govern the process website operators must follow when informed about alleged defamatory comments on their site to avoid becoming liable for that material themselves, have also been passed by Parliament and will come into effect on 1 January as well.

We already have a rule that covers complaining on Fun.. I didn't make it up..

Rule 2 Do not post defamatory comments on this forum

Motorhomefun is not the place to post defamatory posts about any person or company no matter how you might feel justified in doing so. This is a forum to discuss the Fun aspect of motorhomes and not a place to 'rubbish' others, spread gossip or assist campaigns against companies or individuals.

So I repeat.. Social media is not the place to make complaints, if she have a complaint, she should have taken it to the employer..

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Social media does make a good platform for complaint. Write in and you get ignored put it in public and get a response.
Have to agree, sort of.
In fact a few companies have social media support - it can be quicker & more effective. I can recollect one instance of when I resolved an issue via Twitter, whilst still hanging on the phone for their phone support.
Though in this instance, I think the Prof was just venting at what she perceived to be an OTT & inappropriate reaction to her making a mistake...

OP
OP
Langtoftlad

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Perhaps, to bring this thread to an 'elegant' conclusion... Ms Roberts apparently took her business to the next door (commercial) Beacon View Farm... where happily she claims it must be the friendliest site in Cornwall.
So peace is restored, the cosmos is in balance (y).

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I wonder, seeing as she has a camper, whether someone should volunteer to tweet the divine Prof Roberts inviting her to join the one and only, definitive, best motorhome and campervan site on the whole entire inter web.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
So no one else has ever driven the wrong way on a camp site before:sneaky: I don't use sites that much but I think I've probably unintentionally done a little bit of that terrible misdemeanor on every site Ive visited, in fact on the last site I visited (littlehamton) there was one junction that didn't make any sense at all and I'm still not how it worked to this day:D

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Who's going to leave their grey waste open though?

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I wonder, seeing as she has a camper, whether someone should volunteer to tweet the divine Prof Roberts inviting her to join the one and only, definitive, best motorhome and campervan site on the whole entire inter web.
Funny you should say that.....I did just that! She favourited my tweet and is now following me! I do hope she'll join!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Funny you should say that.....I did just that! She favourited my tweet and is now following me! I do hope she'll join!

Fab idea.....we really need an anthropoligist on here. Maybe she could sort out my dodgy shoulder :D

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
With regards CC wardens, we were on the Chatsworth site a couple of years back enjoying the evening sun and a few glasses of red with our neighbours when one of the wardens came across and gave us a right telling off for laughing too loud.............at 9.15p.m. It was the defining reason for us not renewing our membership and I told them so.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Lets face it. in the eyes of the C C we, as motorhomers are deemed a lesser species and I suspect not really welcome !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
With regards CC wardens, we were on the Chatsworth site a couple of years back enjoying the evening sun and a few glasses of red with our neighbours when one of the wardens came across and gave us a right telling off for laughing too loud.............at 9.15p.m. It was the defining reason for us not renewing our membership and I told them so.
Condemned by your own words I am afraid! :)

9:15 pm, young children getting ready for bed or already asleep.... group of boozers.... laughing loudly...

And you are right, I wouldn't renew my membership either if that was a common experience on CC sites. :):):)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup.. but they are 'special people' !! :D

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Wardens are like us, their human, sometimes they have bad days like us. Maybe she was the third or fourth to do it that day, maybe someone had complained to head office about it and he had managment on his back.

Stayed on many, had one or two grumpy ones, but I just keep smiling, the good ones more than make up for them.

Ian

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
Condemned by your own words I am afraid! :)

9:15 pm, young children getting ready for bed or already asleep.... group of boozers.... laughing loudly...

And you are right, I wouldn't renew my membership either if that was a common experience on CC sites. :):):)
You re wrong I am afraid in your stereotyping. We are not 'A group of boozers' and the laughter was not excessive. There is nothing wrong with have a glass or two among friends wherever you are. The warden was in no doubt that the only person being disturbed was herself!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back