Problems with Peugeot warranty work (1 Viewer)

Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Baileys Autograph 69
Hi there, we’re new to motorhoming this year. It took so many months to find something that would tick all of the boxes we needed to tick. My husband is too tall for most of the beds and I have some mobility issues. So when we found the perfect MH it felt amazing! Our Bailey 69-2 Autograph (Peugeot chassis) has provided us with some amazing times however…. there have been some significant problems too. We’ve had large pieces of trim in the cab fall onto our heads while we were driving, water pump failed while we were staying away because of an air lock. But the main problem has been that the “head” wasn’t working when we picked it up ie stereo, speaker system, blue tooth connection, sat nav, tyre pressure gauge, trip, reversing camera etc are all affected. We were told it would take just a couple of weeks to fix. Nearly FOUR MONTHS later we‘re still waiting… Apparently it’s down to our local Peugeot dealers being reluctant or refusing completely to take on warranty work ie replace the head!
Is anyone else having a similar problem with Peugeot? We’re at a loss about how to sort this situation out so any suggestions would be very welcome.
Thank you ☺️ x

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I would check with the dealer that you bought it from and ask them to advise of a co-operative Peugeot garage

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Sorry to here, we HAD the same model, loved the design, etc BUT, 15 plus faults, due to poor workmanship and constantly in dealer for repair, and sick of listening to cow poo out of the mouths of several staff at the dealer. Last time it went in for warranty, got it back and drove 40 miles to another dealer and did a trade in, by the time got to the other dealer 2 of the faults had come back. Good ridence. However no problem with the peugeot, nor the 3 previous peugeots. Hope you get it sorted, and then enjoy it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J
Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Baileys Autograph 69
Sorry to here, we HAD the same model, loved the design, etc BUT, 15 plus faults, due to poor workmanship and constantly in dealer for repair, and sick of listening to cow poo out of the mouths of several staff at the dealer. Last time it went in for warranty, got it back and drove 40 miles to another dealer and did a trade in, by the time got to the other dealer 2 of the faults had come back. Good ridence. However no problem with the peugeot, nor the 3 previous peugeots. Hope you get it sorted, and then enjoy it.
Thank you. I really hope it can be sorted because absolutely no other type of MH seems to fit our requirements unfortunately

OP
OP
J
Aug 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Baileys Autograph 69
Do you mind me asking what type of MH you traded it in for please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Burstner viseo i700, not new but still had a rear lounge. There are 2 burstners, current models with rear lounge and a swift. They were the only ones we found that had similar layouts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back