Problems with Nordelecttronica Battery Chargers on Swift Vans? (1 Viewer)

T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
Hi all

I am posting on behalf of my friend who is not the most up to date with the world wide interweb

He has just purchased a 2009 Swift Charisma, he hasn’t had it away on holiday yet and the battery charger has stopped working no output either to charge the battery or power the 12v electrics, actually rather than charging, it flattened the battery totally

Has anyone else encountered these problems – the unit is manufactured by a brand Nordelecttronica – anyone heard from them? Or encountered the same problem?

I am not sure if the unit can fixed by myself or this may be a common design issue with the charger?

Any advice or related incidents will be most welcome

MK

:Doh:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Problems with "N" charger

As Peter says, I to advise you to return the complete motorhome to the dealer.

Any DIY repair (by a non approved engineer) will breach the terms of the warranty, and they may have need of it further into the warranty period. So DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY REPAIR, it could be expensive!!

I am not connected with the Swift organisation, other than a Bessacarr owner, but, I understand Swift ore doing everything possible to overcome the problems encountered with this electronic control unit.

If it were my motorhome, I would be contacting the supplying dealer to establish if they have a replacement unit available, so that a co-ordinated visit for it to be fitted can be arranged, especially if a long distance journey is involved.

Good luck

Nomadic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
one very simple thing you can do yourself......without compromising the warrenty.

check the charger unit itself to see if it has an ON/OFF switch.
mine is a different charger but it has an ON/OFF switch and also a built-in fuse holder.

the battery may just have gone flat if its been stood a while, maybe an alarm or similar discharging it, and not the charger discharging it.

.worth a look.:thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
one very simple thing you can do yourself......without compromising the warrenty.

check the charger unit itself to see if it has an ON/OFF switch.
mine is a different charger but it has an ON/OFF switch and also a built-in fuse holder.

the battery may just have gone flat if its been stood a while, maybe an alarm or similar discharging it, and not the charger discharging it.

.worth a look.:thumb:

Agreed, a very good suggestion, could save a long journey.

Nomadic

OP
OP
T

The Meerkat

Deleted User
Many thanks for your feedback guys

My friend, never touched it as advised and returned it and had it replaced under warranty, on taking it back the dealer explained that it had been a batch problem with one of the components inside the charger, although I am unaware to what size this may be

On another note, I replaced my old Plug in charger with an Amperor unit just last week purchased from E-Bay

Link Removed

Go for the best offer option and you'll save a few nikka!!!:thumb:

MK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back