Problems with ESP warning light (1 Viewer)

JohnP65

Free Member
Aug 26, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Having problems with warning light on new Autosleeper Broadway based on Peugeot 130bhp MWB chassis. On the original test drive the dash display said "Hill Hold Assist Unavailable" followed by "ESP" and then yellow warning light. When the engine is turned off it clears itself but reappears after a few miles. The PDI carried out on the vehicle after the initial test drive apparantley showed no fault. I was assured that everything is OK but obviously this is not the case! Any ideas what the problem might be before I return the vehicle to the Dealer?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> "ESP"

Extra Sensory Perception.

It's failing to read your mind, you've got to bond with it to get the best out of it.

Deleted User
I had a similar problem with my mercedes (sprinter) switch the ignition on and it would show ESP fault, visit workshop. switch of and it would usually reset 1st time but sometimes took 3-4 attempts before the engine would start. Eventually traced to the ignition switch which was replaced under warranty. You would not want to pay as it is very expensive around £500 mark.

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Organplayer

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Sept. 1995
organplayer

We have Peugeot X250 130 newin Jan this year, few months ago "stumblled " on info which stated the vehicle was subject to a recall, which related to an upgrade to the electronic gizmoes on/in the info panel. Apparently a fault of some sort showed up on the instrument panel, a fault which was not there. Although this "fault" never showed itself on our van, I contacted local Peugeot dealer and they fitted a new gizmo. Also subject to this recall was the spare wheel cradle which I believe could drop the spare whilst the vehicle was in motion. This problem related to the Peugeot chassis and as our Bailey is on an Alko chassis,this did"nt apply. A while after having this recall work done, a letter arrived from Peugeot informing me of the recall-a little late. Hope this info is of some use. Best wishes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back