problems with control panel and batteries in swift bolero not sure what the problem is (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 684 '15
Exp
I have a swift bolero 684fb 2015 model. When I come to use the leisure side of the vehicle when I press the panel it tells me the batteries on the cab and leisure are very low and bleeps a lot. However it is a brand new agm class a battery and the vehicle battery has been checked and is above 12 volts. I have a solar panel and I drive around a lot so it should be charged sufficiently. I have tried turning everything off and resetting which has not solved the problem. When on EHU it is fine for a couple of days and stays up on the battery levels on the control panel then dies again. I have no problems getting the vehicle started.

any ideas? grateful for all input thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
At 5 years an AGM is well past its sell by date. AGM's are totally unsuitable for leisure use and often only last 1-2 years.. I would replace it with a decent battery a Gel if your charger has the correct setting for Gel.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 684 '15
Exp
Hi Lenny

its a brand new battery 2 weeks old, I bought it to replace the leisure battery I had as I thought that was the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
However it is a brand new agm class a battery
After checking for any causes of the battery drain.....I’d be looking to get the supplier to replace the battery.

EDIT.
If your other battery was exhibiting the same problem, it sounds like there is definitely something in the van draining the new battery too.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 684 '15
Exp
the control panel is telling me both the leisure battery and the vehicle battery are flat. I am able to start the vehicle on the first try. There is not a problem with either of the leisure batteries they both show over 12 volts I had them checked......any other ideas???

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Sorry, I missed the bit about the panel saying both batteries were low.

What type of control panel and electric system is installed?

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Overcomplicated electrics..... Put some tape over the display.
Seriously, on older vans with needle type meters and proper rocker switches there was rarely a problem.
All these electronic gizmos are nothing more than selling points and not worth the trouble they cause.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 684 '15
Exp
it has ec467 control panel with ec400 system

Lol if only I could put tape over it......it auto shuts off so am unable to use its facilities darn it

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Best to get a multimeter and check for yourself.
Then compare the (habitation battery) voltage at points between the battery and control unit.
The control unit may switch everything off if (it thinks) the voltage is too low, to protect the battery.
If the last thing you did was add a new battery, I'd suggest looking around the battery connections for poor contact (eg terminals).

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
t has ec467 control panel with ec400 system
I’d give Sargent’s tech support a ring they’re based in Beverly just outside of Hull, they’re very very helpful and may be able to advise where to look if it’s a panel or system fault.

Sargent Tech support 01482 678981

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J
Sep 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 684 '15
Exp
thanks, I have a multi meter so can check, apologies for being a bit thick, can you walk me through how to check points between the battery and the control unit, what do I put it onto to check this

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
thanks, I have a multi meter so can check, apologies for being a bit thick, can you walk me through how to check points between the battery and the control unit, what do I put it onto to check this
With a standard multimeter you can only really check for voltage, amperage and continuity at any breaks in the cable (inline fuse connectors or joints in the cable etc) in the run between the battery and control unit.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat

Start at the battery with the black probe on the -ve terminal and the red probe on the +ve.
The meter needs to be on DC to measure the lowest V range above 12V (eg 0-20V but not 0-10V).
You should see something around 12.7V.
Keep the black probe on the -ve terminal and place the red wherever the feed arrives at the control unit.
You should get the same (or very close) V reading as you got across the battery.
If the Voltage is much reduced, you have a poor connection somewhere in between.
I suspect the battery connections, so measure the V across the terminals (touching the lead poles directly), then try the same but touching the terminal clamps instead (they ought to provide the same reading).
You may need some wire to extend the reach of the probes.
If you do, measure the initial Voltage withe the lead extension included.

Upvote 0

Alkev40

Free Member
Jan 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 684FB
I have a swift bolero 684fb 2015 model. When I come to use the leisure side of the vehicle when I press the panel it tells me the batteries on the cab and leisure are very low and bleeps a lot. However it is a brand new agm class a battery and the vehicle battery has been checked and is above 12 volts. I have a solar panel and I drive around a lot so it should be charged sufficiently. I have tried turning everything off and resetting which has not solved the problem. When on EHU it is fine for a couple of days and stays up on the battery levels on the control panel then dies again. I have no problems getting the vehicle started.

any ideas? grateful for all input thanks
I have the same year and model and the power switches off for no apparent reason. Have you had any success in sorting out the problem?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back