Problems with Bailey approach motor home. (1 Viewer)

T & J

Free Member
Jul 27, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph Approach
Exp
We're newbies!
Hi all.

Really new to this motor home business and might add our enthusiasm is badly dented. Please see copy email i sent to dealer today. Anyone else suffering from the same problems. Advice eagerley accepted. Cant believe the amount of problems we have had or that it can be just my vehicle? Bailey approach, lounge end vehicle with drop down electric bed.

Regards to all.

Tony

Hi Richard.

Thanks for email, and not least chat on the phone. Firstly, apologies for the tone of my email. Too say I was furious with additional faults is an under statement. Having said that, emails of the tone I sent are never thee right way to secure assistance in resolving these problems. Once again, apologies.

Anyhow. You may (or may not) be aware of thee problems we had had with this camper van since purchase. We have in fact hardly used it, four times I think. The difficulty I have, and really struggle with, is that every time we have used it something breaks, something does not work and is disappointing to say the least. Circa 50k for this vehicle and to be brutally honest, based on its performance thus far, we are bitterly disappointed with it. Do we have confidence to go off to France/Spain in this vehicle for three or four weeks? No!! Not at all! We have no confidence in this vehicle at all and do now wonder if this was a major mistake and frankly we should have bought from another manufacturer. Truth is we are so disappointed in it, have no confidence in it and are frankly even at this early stage looking at other options. Having said all off that I know full well you guys don’t make them, and dare I say just sell them. Do PLEASE pass my email to Bailey to their MD so that he/she is aware of the level of dissapointmmentt/dissatissfaction. If I was MD of any firm I would be shocked, disappointed and more to hear of any customer having faults the type we have encountered. many of them are minor, niggling matters that should and could easily be (With a good in-house manufacturers quality check system) be avoided. fact!

Problems thus far

1 Plug socket outside wall. This broke on the very first day the vehicle was used. replaced.

2 Trim kept falling out above cupboards in rear, now seemingly resolved.

3 Collapsing bed. It seems that when furniture etc was fitted in rear, the set up cupboards/seats etc had not been set up adjusted properly. Accordingly the bed kept falling to bits. Typical, but this was the first weekend we used the vehicle. We were away from home (of course) had to go out buy a saw, sheet of ply wood and make a temporary lash up repair. This has now been repaired.

4 Jammed man hole cover floor hatch. The hatch cover over the fresh water in the corridor swollen up so tight we could not get it out. This has now been resolved

5 Loose window frame by the sink area had not been fixed properly. Screws were loose. Now resolved

6 Leaking shower. Water was running out from under shower in to corridor soaking carpets etc. Now resolved

7 Faulty door lock, main side door was constantly jamming, not locking, not opening and generally playing up. No resolved

8 Broken light switch, pull cord switch in bathroom...just stopped working with all the inconvenience with this.

9 Chain on plug on fresh water snapped. Think it was the fresh water tank, Annoying...now resolved.

10 Jamming electric bed, did not locate into position properly. Now resolved

11 Front blinds and one of side blinds clips kept coming off. Now resolved.

12 Laminate trim came off by rear step/ bed area. now glued down and resolved

The above is a list of past problems. Too be frank those are what I can even recall, it may be that your own service people have a more comprehensive list. Many of these points are just minor...niggling faults butt coupled with more major issues of the door, bed leaking shower etc are nothing short of infuriating.

Current problems....arose last weekend to be resolved.

13 The catch on the cover over the fresh water tank in corridor has broken. It may be (Who knows) that this became damaged when it was jammed solid and had to be repaired a few weeks ago. At any rate need a new catch. Annoying part of this, is that when we got to site last week, the plug was not in the tank and we could not access it to resolve the problem. Bloody annoying. On its own, lets be frank no major deal butt coupled with all the other items is just so infuriating.

14 Front fallen off fridge door, trim and side edging come adrift. Again, no major deal but yet again infuriating.

15 Broken trim on floor. This was identified last time vehicle came in for repair. Your service guys were not sure as it is on the edge of the cab, whether this is a bailey problem or front end of truck problem...if you know what I mean.

16 Small dining table has been since day one not level. This has been identified before but in the scheme of all other repairs seems to have been over looked by both your service guys and I quickly and us. Nott shockingly bad but not right either.

17 We have one light that has never worked since thee day we took the vehicle. It may be that we just cant find a light switch (So many of them) but ait any rate it does not work.

18 Whilst the wardrobe door was aligned seemingly fine the door now seems to be warping. Not bad, not bad as yet but the door is moving. Is this likely to get worse. the vehicle is stored under cover and probably the best driest area a vehicle could bee kept in.

19 Seems to be a patch under edge of floor as cab adjoins floor that seems to be soft. Not sure what the issue is, indeed if there is an issue but requires investigation.

20 Heating. Not sure if it is possible to balance heating better. Rear is swelteringly hot whilst front end can bee chilly. Is it possible to balance heating?

21 Patch under floor between rear and cab... Unsure who is responsible

22 Subjective but I challenge anyone to get a comfortable nights sleep?

23 Rear boot Lid. Whilst there is not a fault as such this is a very poor opening locking mechanism. Push buttons in and rely on thee switches to open. This may work this may not work at any rate it is an amateurish lash up mechanisms'. This really needs buttons or something to enable the operator to pull open the door when buttons have been pushed in. Lash up!

24 Subjective but, despite fitting £400 worth of the best quality mattress toppers available I challenge anyone to get a good nights sleep in rear of this vehicle on main large bed. The most awful nights sleep I have ever had.

Richard, after all my whinging I might add all your service guys have been great, helpful, polite and as good as they get. If the truth is known I think they are a bit embarrassed about the faults we have had thus far. But, certainly no complaints about your guys. Once again, do please forward my list of issues to the MD of Bailey, he or she should know what's going on. Would I recommend to any one they buy this vehicle? Not in my wildest dreams. If I even dreamt of recommending this vehicle, id wake up and apologise. I run a business myself with a multi million pound turnover. Im many things, im not stupid. I know snagging problems come up, I know things go wrong, but dear oh dear this has been an awful customer experience thus far.

Richard, give me a call with a view to getting this vehicle in ASAP for repairs.

regards.

Tony

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Ok so judging by your profile you have a Hobby.

I am well known in the motorhome circles and have a lot of friends with Hobby motorhomes. Would you like me to send you a list of their problems too? would you like me to say don't buy German?

My point is simple, if you don't want to be involved in screwing the odd screw here and there, repairing the ever falling off window trim, mending the odd door catch then don't buy a motorhome of all varieties.

It really get's my goat when people just slate British vans as some inferior thing, out of my 3 vans two continental ones my British one is the best by a country mile. Maybe it's not the best built but it's most definitely the best van.

The sad thing is people spend 50k and expect perfection, it doesn't exist in motorhome world, all you can hope for is a good dealer with a sympathetic ear to ensure things get fixed quickly and correctly.

THEY ALL COME WITH PROBLEMS
I will stick to what i said i dont want to have to strip down plumbing systems lag tanks etc to be able to use my van in the winter. I have had two german vans which where excelant and one british van which i kept 1 year, we spent as much time and mileage driving to from the dealers as we did on leisure.I have allso spent 40yrs with british caravans and one german i would love to buy british but doubt if i ever will.I can only speak as i find.

Upvote 0

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I bought a bailey motor home last August. None stop problems some minor some major. the reality is simple...if my business were selling 50k motor homes thee target would be to make them faultless, simple as that. Yes, things do go wrong. the problem i have with mine is that we have lost confidence in it. 1600 miles on the clock, the drive van end is perfect. Its the Bailey end of it that is the problem, none stop, none stop problems. paid 50k and having to go back time after time to get problems rectified. Its not good enough. Fromm what i can see some of the parts are low cost, cheap budget parts. Too be frank id rather have paid more money in the first place forr better materials and workmanship....and had no problems. truth is> Wish id bought a good quality, well looked after second hand one. Would i buy another bailey? Not in a month of Sundays!!
How much is it on sale for?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
Yesterday I took the Rapido out.
The sun blind fell off while driving.
The stupid French company dont use captive nuts so one has to hold the nut inside the bed the other midget has to clime under the bed to put the screw in.
As Hagnap says its no good bying a motorhome if your not handy.
But the PDI should have picked up a lot of the problems.
The OP has a real reason to be anoyed.
I know a man with a Hymer that could not even use his for months due to the wrong chassis number on the paperwork so it could not be registered.
I had a problem with the waste pipe on the Rapido if its not much you fix it.
We can't all have RMB's

Mel

Upvote 0

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I spent 2k on my van and don't expect ever to buy a brand new one but I'm reading this thread with horror.

these mfrs are laughing all the way to the bank.. they can cut corners, reduce quality, use cheap rubbish materials, employ cheap Labour without proper skills checks and when it all goes wrong you sit there and say 'don't buy a MH unless you're handy' the people who do make waves are handled by the dealer and a general air of 'that's how it is'

I really hope @T & J that you fight this one. Until buyers stand up for themselves and each other, the mfrs will continue to take the pee more and more. Time you all realised that these guys will only start making things better if you stop putting up with the rot.

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A lot of the problems are niggles, doesn't take away from your disappointment and they shouldn't have occurred regardless of the cost, it is a NEW van after all.
We bought our van second hand and due to the distance (and dissatisfaction with the dealer) I undertook most of the snags myself. How about giving it one more chance and popping along to the Fixit meet (not till June mind :(), perhaps our fellow Funsters could blitz it for you in exchange for beer and butties (y)

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
A lot of the problems are niggles, doesn't take away from your disapointment and they shouldn't have occurred regardless of the cost, it is a NEW van after all. We bought our van second hand and due to the distance (and dissatisfaction with the dealer) I undertook most of the snags myself. How about giving it one more chance and popping along to the Fixit meet, perhaps your fellow Funsters could blitz it

Bugger, double post minus the smileys !

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Ok so judging by your profile you have a Hobby.

I am well known in the motorhome circles and have a lot of friends with Hobby motorhomes. Would you like me to send you a list of their problems too? would you like me to say don't buy German?

My point is simple, if you don't want to be involved in screwing the odd screw here and there, repairing the ever falling off window trim, mending the odd door catch then don't buy a motorhome of all varieties.

It really get's my goat when people just slate British vans as some inferior thing, out of my 3 vans two continental ones my British one is the best by a country mile. Maybe it's not the best built but it's most definitely the best van.

The sad thing is people spend 50k and expect perfection, it doesn't exist in motorhome world, all you can hope for is a good dealer with a sympathetic ear to ensure things get fixed quickly and correctly.

THEY ALL COME WITH PROBLEMS
You are stating facts and are completely correct. That's how it has been as long as I can remember with both caravans and motorhomes. It doesn't excuse the lack of progress in many areas of construction and with some of the fitted appliances. I do believe a buyer should expect very minor problems with a new van. However it does not excuse faults that are basic to the design of any motorhome: it should at the very least be waterproof, secure, have functional sleeping arrangements, and all electrics and plumbing should work. A PDC should include all those things not least because regular corrective work on the basics would have dealers chasing manufacturers.

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

Think I count as one of your friends with a Hobby. :wink:

And yes, I've had a fair number of problems with it - some more serious than others - some down to Hobby design, some down to dealer ineptness. :RollEyes:

However after almost 3 years of living in said van I still like it more than any other van I've seen. The layout, winterisation, payload and storage are all excellent.

That is not to say I condone poor manufacture and workmanship - because I don't. I hope the OP is able to either come to terms with his repaired van or move on to something different. :Smile:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I'M not saying that having niggles or any problems is right,

I am saying they exist in the motorohome world always have and don't doubt they always will do.

Get handy with a screwdriver or take up going on Cruises or all in package deals.

The problems are out weighed by the enjoyment.

Upvote 0
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I am awake at 3pm reading this thread in trepidation . We were planning to spend up to £35,000 on a good used motor home.
We are new to this, not very handy with DIY
Husband always did that stuff but now can't due to Parkinson's which is why we want to go and enjoy life more travelling around.
We are easy and flexible types and have camped a lot and lived in caravans so we're not scared of roughing it. Should we rent for our first season and not blow all our cash straight off? This post has put the heebie jeebies up me !
Sorry to hijack the post!

Upvote 0

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
@Jackie Burnham Don't panic! This kind of post is rare on here. We have owned many caravans & 2 motorhomes (all but our first caravan from new) over 23 years and my in-laws have owned many MHs over 25 years, all with no major problems. Go to lots of dealers and look at lots of MHs for price, layout, quality etc. and ask lots of questions. You could always hire one for a weeks holiday, it would give you an idea of what you want/like when you do buy. Ask lots of questions on here and you'll get lots of help. Use a reputable/recommended dealer.

Upvote 0

deanroofing

Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Don't let this thread put you of, there not all lemons, our first motorhome had done 42,000 miles, ex hire vehicle had it three years, had to change the water pump in the habitation side but apart from that was spot on, as said you'll have to fix bits and pieces screw here and there but as long as you maintain them most are pretty good, don't rent for a long period as that's money you could of spent on your new van, l bought my first motorhome from a company called Justgo, they sell off their fleet after two years so you get a year of warranty left, they come with everything pots, pans, cutlery mine you could go away on holiday the day you picked it up, even had a full tank of diesel, l just had my old van habitation check done by them before l traded it in against our new one, there based near Toddington now, l was going to buy another off them as their prices are way below Dealers and the after sales service is second to none, give them a call as an aside l have nothing to do with the Company just a very satisfied customer.

Upvote 0

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I've had just the one British built van, an Autocruise.

It drove very well, but needed a new gearbox at just 12000 miles, but that was the Pug. part of it.
I did spend many hours taking panels and trims off and putting them back the way they were supposed to have been fitted, at the factory.
It would seem that if a screw misses the frame it was supposed to hit, the builder leaves it as it is, which is why stuff falls off.
I also insulated it properly, even though it was supposed to be winterised in the factory.
Never had these kinds of problems with the Adria or the two Hymers I had.

Don't have a MH anymore, just a Mercedes car (magnificent) and two caravans (don't ask) a Sterckeman (excellent) and a Bailey (older so not to badly built, but does leak).
I would always go for foreign built MH or Caravan, as they seem to be better at screwing things together.

If British builders spent a bit more time on getting it right the first time, maybe they would have a better reputation, after all the builders seem use the same suppliers.

:cooler:

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
This thread isn't about Brit v continental vans That's been done a million times..and the outcome is the same. Most continental vans come with their own troubles but are better built On the whole.

The OP has had a list of problems and they have been fixed by what sounds like a decent dealer.

I'm at a loss to understand the problem and as for T'S and not fit for purpose don't waste your time and money you won't win I've seen it all before with bigger and better problems and people not won (including a new burstner 820).

Either keep it or sell it if your not happy with it..

Now excuse me while I nip out and start work on repairing the step on my van....The same step that will be on a 100 other vans made by ommister nothing to do with bessacar...

@Jackie Burnham I can only say as i find with over 10 years motorhomes behind us and differing makes.
My advice is jump in with both feet whilst you can...There's rarely something that will result in leaving you stranded and the MH community that I know are always ready to lend a hand or a screw driver to the less able. ..so go and enjoy

Upvote 0
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
I am awake at 3pm reading this thread in trepidation . We were planning to spend up to £35,000 on a good used motor home.
We are new to this, not very handy with DIY
Husband always did that stuff but now can't due to Parkinson's which is why we want to go and enjoy life more travelling around.
We are easy and flexible types and have camped a lot and lived in caravans so we're not scared of roughing it. Should we rent for our first season and not blow all our cash straight off? This post has put the heebie jeebies up me !
Sorry to hijack the post!
Don't let it worry you

Choose your van wisely sit in it asked your self questions where would we sit where do I put my stuff can I go to loo at night you get the idea we sat in our second van for 3 hours before we bought it walk away then research it on fun on Google
If your buyin from a dealer ask to look at log book note previous owners name and contact them we did and they turned out to be members of fun
then get it checked professionally before you buy then sit back and enjoy

Carry small tool kit and a few screws fuses ect a tin of WD40
most things that go wrong are fixed very Easily

Don't be put off by what you read on here just use the information to make your own mind up everyone is different and fear is your worst enemy and caution is your friend
Whatever you do enjoy it we did

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
There have been similar threads on this forum about other manufacturers .
There will always be the Friday pm van , car , whatever you like . It's the humans that build them.
If you get the dodgy Friday one , get it sorted , you have rights under the law.

For us our beeootiful RV has been fabulous , totally reliable over the 4 years since we had her new (y)

Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Hmm..yes indeedy. get it sorted and get shot or PX and try and minimise your loss OR try and learn to love it again IF you get it fixed. dont underestimate the dealer responsability you haved your contract with him :(

as others said, its no guarantee of a perfect, problem free van but buying German goes a hell of a long way towards it! Makes far more sense
I have a German van and had my fair share of problems judgemental, what's more annoying it seems you have to deal with the dealer for manufacturing issues and not the manufacturer but what happens if your dealer is s**t and doesn't have the technical ability to deal with the problem
I have contacted the manufacturer (German) last mon and todate not even had the curtesy of a reply even thou I have indicated my intention to seek legal advise if the suitation is not resolved
As regards T&J problems, many are not minor niggles as been suggested some of them faults are major ones and I don't think there would be many on here who would accept the faults had they paid £50k, easy to say don't get worked up when it's not your money and am sure if these same people purchased a car to that value and had anything like the same issues/faults they wouldn't complain, they would simple

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
what a load of Tosh. I did and have never been happier. Ive had two continental vans and they were ok too.
I know makers of all brands that have a problem in fact 7 years ago no one was going to be able to go backwards because the x250 wouldn't let them or would blow up at the very thought of hitting reverse gear.
In terms of the OP , yeah you've had some problems but reading through your list I just keep reading now sorted? what is it you are expecting? All I want to know is if something goes wrong it gets fixed. These are motorhomes FGS... they always go wrong no matter how much you spend on them, bolts break, screws come lose and bits of sealant get missed. The only error of judgement was probably not reading all about it here first.
Bailey are sorting it, let them do it, your not 50k down that you keep saying you would be amazed how much people are prepared to pay for these bits of shite we call motorhomes. Eventually though if you get 10% of the enjoyment we have had over the past 10 years you will talk about what a great way to spend your 50k
had a bailey caravan once and loved it.

Seconded! We've had six vans and the seventh is in build (British). Only van that was a total and utter disaster was the only 'European' we ever bought, a Laika..............but don't get me started. Proof of the pudding imo, the dealership that sold us that overpriced and poorly built van binned the franchise a year later. It was Lowdhams, Nottingham. Perversely we have friends who bought a Laika just after us and swear by it. You pays your money eh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Not often I say "good post" but I will to Paul's. There have been a lot of threads on Bailey quality, or lack of, mainly because you get a lot of van for your money and people want to know more. I've got the 2013 740SE, First edition/effort from Bailey. A couple of minor niggles with broken cupboard latches and, yes, shock horror, the dreaded roof leak. On seeing that video I checked mine as it had been standing for some time through the autumn. It was returned to Becks at Rollesby and sorted in an hour. A short section of sealant was hanging into the cavity on a joint on the front roof, possibly where a new tube had been started. Shoddy workmanship? Possibly, but a simple error which caused no damage as that roof section is a self contained unit with no contact with the interior of the van.

The dealer appears to be dealing with the problem with no hassle and that's something to be thankful for these days.
How can you call it a simple error regarding water ingress, it seems a number of vans have the same problem maybe more of a design issue
Surely the water is still in contact with the bodywork (albeit not the interior) and this can't be helpful, what about when it freezes in winter as you can't see it your not aware of the damage it's causing
IMO spending 50k+ entitles you to van fit for purpose and accepting some of the faults ive read about on here is not acceptable, Baileys have a responsbility to its customers to provide a product of a required Standard and by accepting poor workmanship ( it's ok all M/H have problems) isn't going to encourage them to improve the quality of there workmanship and not just baileys all M/H manufacturers
You wouldn't accept it from a BMW/Merc if you paid £50k so why accept it from a M/H

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
@Gorse Hill i can't say that the problems on the list aren't major but to me they aren't and the dealer had offered to repair them.. but how can anyone say that the dealer is at fault for a bed that's uncomfortable...sorry OP but that's bad buying not bad making....

Test test and test again....I've known 6ft plus people have real problems with beds and incorrect choice. ..

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
GH I hope you get van sorted ......

A car either goes or it don't, likewise a motorhome. OP's does not seem to have any major structural problems, or mechanical, so as others have said its just seems to be a lamentable list of irratations. but to be honest did not read list in detail

I would think long and hard about buying a CB from Germany. They can all have issues but some more then others. I had issues with my one CB a Euromobil, but agent was Belgian, an hour from calais and nearer then UK Agent at the time....

Panel vans are different, less problematic so have happily bought two from Germany. Buying from a crap dealer is not recommended is it..due diligence the name of the game. I have found a good agent and have had minor irritations dealt with here, provided bills and been reimbursed immediately.

Also if it's a serious issue you are better of calling manufacturer initally rather then emailing. Hopefully the money you saved will ease the pain of having to return it to the factory if necessary. The cost of doing this not high with cheap flights available, I can get a flight to Dusseldorf for £35. Hassle, yes but not the end of the world . Forget the legal action probably totally unnecessary and costs a fotune...

Upvote 0

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
If you have a fault with a new car you take it back to the dealer and they put it right, you do not take it to the manufacturer.

Upvote 0

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
@Gorse Hill - yes a design error which they appear to have acknowledged by an alteration in the later model, not many manufacturers get things right first time. In this case it was still a simple error in the fact that the sealant wasn't applied correctly and there are equally plenty of vans without the problem. As to freezing, there won't be many who haven't discovered the problem before winter sets in unless they leave the van standing for weeks on end and the only water contact is within the fibreglass cavity over the cab. All been discussed on the earlier thread.

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
If you have a fault with a new car you take it back to the dealer and they put it right, you do not take it to the manufacturer.

Yes and for mechanical problems you take a motorhome to the chassis dealer whatever that may be. It's not unheard of to need to take a van back to factory, my mate had to do it with his Hobby. Better the factory then a dealer who may not know what he is doing or farms work out to a back street garage!

God! And to think I was playing with the idea of getting an A Class once wife retires...I like the Cathargo, will have to start listening to my own advice and stay well away from them:(

Upvote 0

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
@Gorse Hill i can't say that the problems on the list aren't major but to me they aren't and the dealer had offered to repair them.. but how can anyone say that the dealer is at fault for a bed that's uncomfortable...sorry OP but that's bad buying not bad making....

Test test and test again....I've known 6ft plus people have real problems with beds and incorrect choice. ..
To me any water ingress in a M/H, however it is caused, is a very bad combination
I got the impression from the OP that he hasn't blamed the dealer (and neither would I) the responsibility lies with the manufacturer surely the fit for purpose has some part to play concerning the bed/faults described by the OP

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
To me any water ingress in a M/H, however it is caused, is a very bad combination
I got the impression from the OP that he hasn't blamed the dealer (and neither would I) the responsibility lies with the manufacturer surely the fit for purpose has some part to play concerning the bed/faults described by the OP

Yes but sales of goods contract with dealer its up to him to sort out...and that goes for if you take legal action as well....

Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back