Problems with ACSI. (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Before we went to Goa in November I pre-ordered the 2015 ACSI books from Vicarious books so that they would be waiting for us on our return. When we got back in February there were 2 parcels, 1 from Vicarious and 1 from ACSI. To cut a long story short, after several emails back and forth it appears that because I ordered my books from ACSI the previous year it generates a continuous order!! I have been told I can return them free of charge if they are in the original packaging which they are but as the address envelope had been removed to access the invoice there is no returns label on the parcel. I have been told I will have to pay to return the books!! I took the parcel to the post office this morning and was prepared to swallow a cost of around £3 even though I didn't order the books but the cheapest charge is £8. There is no way I'm paying that so I have emailed them again requesting a prepaid label. I am annoyed that they have set me up on a continuous order without my knowledge and I wondered if any of you had experienced the same issue? I remember seeing an old post about someone ending up with 2 sets of books and they thought they must have ordered twice and forgotten so were selling a set through the Forum. It made me wonder if they had been caught out like me. I will see what response I get to my email :swear2:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Interesting, we were thinking about whether or not to buy this years when it appeared through the letterbox, It seems we accidentally checked or forgot to uncheck a little box when we ordered it last year & so it will arrive every year now until the credit card expires.

Zoppydog

Deceased RIP
Jul 19, 2013
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
Since 2013
Must be a Goan thing!!! We went to Cavelossim in January, must be our 6/7th time and we just love it....
I had also "forgotten" that I set up a continuous order, not sure that I did, so I did sell on my books at cost price.
I just need to remember next year so I don't order again...note to self.
Chris
PS. love your blogs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
:imoutahere:Oooh eeerrrr, just looked on ACSI's website and can see that there is 2 options for ordering the books and 1 is a subscription so that is what I must have selected!! Anyone want some ACSI books going cheap!! :rofl:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
ACSI, service in general is very poor, its cheaper than buying third party, but customer service is not what you would expect from an organisation of their size.
They asked me to pay for the ACSI iD card 7 months after they sent it, because my CC had expired, they asked me to send a cheque or Bank transfer, which I refused, I offered them a credit card update, they refused that, now doing nowt.
On previous orders they didn`t supply books and cards, its cheaper with them but by far a second rate service.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
They asked me to pay for the ACSI iD card 7 months after they sent it, because my CC had expired

Almost exactly what happened here except CC had been scammed.

But they gave a UK bank number so I transferred the £3.60.

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I have had the same problem when I ordered the ClubID card. I didn't realise they hadn't taken the payment and they have only just notified me the balance is outstanding. Why they didn't take the payment when I placed the order I don't know!! They sent me the details for their English bank account so that I can make a transfer.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Trying to find out without registering on their site -What are the costs for membership please
Thanks in advance Ian

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I don't think you pay to become a member but the books are €13.95 instead of €14.95 once you have registered.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Thank you Coolbeanz
Ian

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have had a similar issue , had my books on subscription in December all was well until 2 days ago mhad an email which said they were unable to take the payment back in Dec so could i pay now to a uk bank £9.63 for both books and ID. checked out all payments made and they had not been taken so coughed up to uk bank transfer.

have had 2 books and 2 ID's in the past because i had not realised i had set up a subscription.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Ive got a problem as well. got email saying I owe € 12,95 (£ 9,59) and that they tried to take payment but card was rejected. now I dont know if this for books or App. I have had the books since they came out last year! and I have asked why they sent without payment? no answer..

if is for the App its to much, as I was entitled to reduced charge as I put in code of card.....its just the arrogant uninformative attitude that has pi$$ed me off:(

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Ive got a problem as well. got email saying I owe € 12,95 (£ 9,59) and that they tried to take payment but card was rejected. now I dont know if this for books or App. I have had the books since they came out last year! and I have asked why they sent without payment? no answer..

if is for the App its to much, as I was entitled to reduced charge as I put in code of card.....its just the arrogant uninformative attitude that has pi$$ed me off:(

its the books thats exactly the same as i had 2 days ago. i checked and the books were sent out prior to drawing the cash. my credit card was also rejected.

dont think they are arrogant ; its just their first language is not English so direct and basic.... better than my Dutch would be..:LOL:

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well I ordered mine and asked for them to be delivered to Turiscampo in the Algarve as would be there over Xmas and January.
Never arrived so phoned them as did many other travellers on site waiting to leave.
We left mid January and a kind friend was going to check reception and lives locally here in France so we would collect on their return to France.
On speaking to them recently they said there were two sets with my name on and were printed in Dutch!!
Good job I speak double Dutch normally,seriously poor show and will be Vicarious for me next year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back