Problems viewing photos/error message (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Jim since the recent tweaks to the forum software there seems to be an issue when trying to post photos.

It seems to be random which isn't helping - but basically after a photo has been attached it shows on the post as 'attachment' & clicking on it just gives an error message saying 'oops, we ran into some problems'

I'm not sure if you arevaware of this but it has been going on for a while now.

Cheers

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jim since the recent tweaks to the forum software there seems to be an issue when trying to post photos.

It seems to be random which isn't helping - but basically after a photo has been attached it shows on the post as 'attachment' & clicking on it just gives an error message saying 'oops, we ran into some problems'

Cheers
Are you using the "Attach files" button Deb?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990

Cheers
It will be your phone đź‘Ť :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I have had the same problem too.. Since the update.

The only way I can change the photo from a link to the photo is to come off the thread, then go back in and do an edit and go through the Attach Files process all over again.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have had the same problem too.. Since the update.

The only way I can change the photo from a link to the photo is to come off the thread, then go back in and do an edit and go through the Attach Files process all over again.
You got a dodgy phone as well joy :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
After you choose the photo do you click on where it says "insert" on the photo and then select "Full image" or "thumbnail" ?

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
This has been a problem on my laptop too since the recent updates. Many, not all pics display the "oops, we ran into problems" message. Some I have posted myself show up on the preview but not when I look later. But if I leave the page and come back to it they will show.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
After you choose the photo do you click on where it says "insert" on the photo and then select "Full image" or "thumbnail" ?
I do this and select full image but at the moment it’s hit and miss as to whether the attachment is available.

I have now taken to posting the reply and going back to check that the post has an image loaded, it’s not every time which makes it odd.

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Are you using the "Attach files" button Deb?
Yes I do Martin, there's not any other way is there? & yes, I do the insert as full etc. Sometimes it's fine & sometimes it's not, a few of us have been havi g the same issue on the morning thread since the tweaking & it's not consistent so not sure if there's a bug. I can't see why doing the same thing each time ends up with different outcomes?
I wasn't sure whether Jim was aware. I know he's busy but it's getting to be a bit of a pain.

And as for the phone comment, I think Andy is just feeling brave :laughing: I'm sure we'll catch up at some point! ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Cheers
Thanks I'll take a look. We have just recently changed where we store attachments so maybe there is an issue with that. I'll see if I can replicate it. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
elsan boys-1.jpg

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Broken Link Removed

Jim

sometimes people have posted the same pics on a new post and they've been fine the 2nd time. Sometimes you couldn't see a pic but then if you quoted the post you could see the pic within the quote. I'm not sure if that is still happening tbh.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back