LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've got a couple of mobile contracts going for our trip to Norway and after several attempts I finally got the Vodafone to tether and I can actually get to use the laptop online but can't say the same for the 3 network.

I enable tethering, find the named Android hotspot on the laptop (and a tablet, I haven't come empty handed) and connect, initially it didn't give me an option to input the passkey showing on the mobile, just an option to connect but a later attempt did show the passkey box, now, although it displays connected, it shows the message, "no internet, secured"

The phone shows both the laptop and the tablet as allowed devices, I can get on the net on the phone itself, Roaming is on and I was assured I could tether some time back.

You may ask why I need the laptop when most folk do everything on their phones but all the info for our trip is on there, all my Scandi threads and camperstop options and I find it so much easier to access it all.

I would like to sort it whilst we are staying for a day or two with relations in Denmark and whilst I can use their wifi. :sneaky:

Any ideas why 3 is proving a problem?

Oh and it's hot, hot, here 28c and set to get hotter.

P1070880.JPG

Jan 29, 2014
Scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
July 2013
Also had a 3 pre paid sim in my mifi works ok then gets strangled in Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bailey58

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Maybe I have my answer then. One more reason to cancel 3 as planned, it doesn't work at all in the Faroes unlike the vodafone.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we took a 3 sim to Norway last year, could get on but never better than 3G, but no problems connecting via a mifi device

but main use for us was our contract Vodafone phones, set as hot spots on phones nearly always got 4G

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Except for some specific phone contracts I don't think Three allow tethering outside the UK, so if you're on a contract you 'might' have it but more than likely, due the issues your experiencing, have not.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
edit to my post above, I should qualify I meant a data only sim (y)

I also made the mistake of thinking I was clever and took a 3 phone sim with much more data for much less money, wouldn't work :(

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Vodafone all the time for us now, 3 has had its day, the one time leader is now well down the field for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back