Problems in the bedroom department! (1 Viewer)

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Hi All
Help needed.

we have a Pilote G740 has a fixed island bed at the rear.
we have recently had some work done because hab battery wasn’t showing any charge on control panel. That has now been fixed by an engineer.
We have just come out to the van to get ready for the off next weekend and realized that the bed didn’t lower from the switch in the garage and the head of the bed doesn’t adjust from switch by the bed. Checked fridge and other appliances that work on AUX and all fine.
Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Just checked fuse for bed it’s in French but pretty sure it’s the one marked Lit Elect which seems fine.
I wouldn’t have a clue regarding wiring to the bed itself. I’ve attached image of box.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 1
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
If I can’t get this fixed before we go away does anyone know if there is a manual override for the recliner so at least we can get the bed flat?

thanks

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
Looking at the picture of the fuse board is the 15amp fuse auxiliary 3 ok it looks like it may have blown to me

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
You need to check fuses with a meter no good just looking at them.
Ok I have a meter I’ll have a look. Sorry I’m useless with this stuff! What do in need to set the meter on and what should I be looking for?😂

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
Set the meter on Oms (sometimes labelled resistance). Remove the fuse and connect a meter lead to each end. The meter should read zero (or close to it) if the fuse is good. If it's blown the needle probably won't move. Make sure you're not touching both ends of the fuse!

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Ok I have a meter I’ll have a look. Sorry I’m useless with this stuff! What do in need to set the meter on and what should I be looking for?😂
take the fuse out. set the meter to ohms or continuity. place the meter probes one on each leg of the fuse. If on continuity and the fuse ok it beeps, if on ohms, anything above zero is failed

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
take the fuse out. set the meter to ohms or continuity. place the meter probes one on each leg of the fuse. If on continuity and the fuse ok it beeps, if on ohms, anything above zero is failed
If my Avo Minor beeped I'd be shocked (sic). It's never made a noise in the 45 years I've had it!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks but can’t see the settings your referring too? Pic below👍

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Ok thanks. Think fuse is ok getting a reading 00.3

thanks for everyone’s feedback I’ll see if I can get the engineer out before we set off.
Otherwise we will have to try and sleep upright!😂😂😂

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
Just checked fuse for bed it’s in French but pretty sure it’s the one marked Lit Elect which seems fine.
Yes, correct. For future reference the others are mostly easy to guess, but Chauffage = Heating and Marchepied = Step.

The manual for the EBL271 can be downloaded from the Schaudt web site. There's a wiring diagram at the end, might be useful for the engineer. An English version is available. You select the one you want, give them your email address and they send you a download link by email. Usually in a couple of minutes.
The site is in German, but fairly easy to navigate. Go to 'Support'.
Scroll down to 'Productsuche' (Product Search).
In the 'Merkmale/Kategorie' box it says 'Bitte wahlen' (Please select). Select 'Elektroblock EBL'.
In the next box, select 'Mit Ladefunction' (With charging function)
In the next box,select 'Anzeigertafel separat' (Separate display panel)
The click the button 'Artikel anzeigen' (Display article list)
Scroll down the list to the EBL271.
Click the Union Jack symbol for the English version.
A box pops up on the right. Click the 'Downloaden' button.
In the popup box, enter your email address.
Click the box to accept the data protection terms, and click the 'Senden' button.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Yes, correct. For future reference the others are mostly easy to guess, but Chauffage = Heating and Marchepied = Step.

The manual for the EBL271 can be downloaded from the Schaudt web site. There's a wiring diagram at the end, might be useful for the engineer. An English version is available. You select the one you want, give them your email address and they send you a download link by email. Usually in a couple of minutes.
The site is in German, but fairly easy to navigate. Go to 'Support'.
Scroll down to 'Productsuche' (Product Search).
In the 'Merkmale/Kategorie' box it says 'Bitte wahlen' (Please select). Select 'Elektroblock EBL'.
In the next box, select 'Mit Ladefunction' (With charging function)
In the next box,select 'Anzeigertafel separat' (Separate display panel)
The click the button 'Artikel anzeigen' (Display article list)
Scroll down the list to the EBL271.
Click the Union Jack symbol for the English version.
A box pops up on the right. Click the 'Downloaden' button.
In the popup box, enter your email address.
Click the box to accept the data protection terms, and click the 'Senden' button.
Thanks for this I've received the down load link from them but received this message

File not found or registration validation failed!

I'll try and contact them directly. Thanks again

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for this I've received the down load link from them but received this message

File not found or registration validation failed!

I'll try and contact them directly. Thanks again
All sorted they have emailed me a copy. (y)

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
On the subject of checking fuses I have replaced all mine (car and van) with LED versions of same. If one should blow it lights up and can be seen immediately with playing 'hunt the fuse'. 👍 They are available in Halfords etc. but cheaper on eBay.

Wyn

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
On the subject of checking fuses I have replaced all mine (car and van) with LED versions of same. If one should blow it lights up and can be seen immediately with playing 'hunt the fuse'. 👍 They are available in Halfords etc. but cheaper on eBay.

Wyn
That should read, "without playing....."

Wyn

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AG 2602
Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks everyone engineer is hopefully on his way fingers crossed it can get sorted before we go away at the weekend. If not I will be turning the bed from electric to manual using a hack saw and a lump hammer! 😂

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back