LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi All, my toolbar along the top has disappeared ... on the internet mode .. the one with tools on that you can drop down to internet options etc.

Also the page size percentage increase/decrease on the bottom toolbar has disappeared too.

Basic I know but your help would be appreciated. Thank you. Joy

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Joy,

Are you in Full screen mode? Push f11 and it will return if you are.

Hope all is getting better.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You might just have inadvertently switched it (the Menu Bar) off. If you right click on the Command Bar (the one which shows the tabs for open pages and has the icons at the right) you will bring up a list. Menu Bar at the top should be ticked. Just click it to do so.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Dodgey, I have tried that and still no luck.

Just sent a message to Graham as I don't have the command bar to click on either... getting really cheesed off.... my print is so small I am right up to the screen...

Any other suggestions please:cry:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Don't know my way around Internet Explorer (I presume that's what you use), but with most browsers you can use Ctrl + or Ctrl - to zoom your text. Not a solution to you missing toolbars, mind you...

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy,

Is the problem solely on your browser? What does the desktop look like are the application icons the correct size. If so Can you try a different browser.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
hi ya It's only me from over the sea (say's Buffilo Bill the Sailor!) Now I've
got your ear, and shooting off in a completely different direction, I tried your directions about posting those photos someone E Mailed me, prehaps it's a file? No luck! Thanks once again:thumb:

OH WELL PLAN B! :Doh:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Tried all ways on IE to recreate your problem but I can't. Might sound daft (which am expert at) but have you tried pressing the "esc" button? ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Neil, Thank you ... I have big print again now...::bigsmile:

Hi Ken, no not tried that but will do now... tried everything else. Graham went into google and couldn't find an answer to the command bar disappearing on Internet explorer so I will go on and have a good search there soon. Thanks again. Joy

Rangirita, will start a new thread to try and help you again. Let me know at which point it all went wrong please and I can take it from there. If you were in this country I could phone you, but it could be a long job so pretty expensive....:Sad: Love Joy

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I am assuming you are using IE or FF. If so right click to the side of address bar for FF (assuming you still have that) and there should be an option called menu bar. Select it. If IE then right click on favourites if you have that and you will see the same option. :Smile:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Pablo.... In that postition I have a star and a spanner.

If I right click on the star all I get is a bookmark menu. The same happens if I left click on it.

If I right click on the spanner NOTHING happens.. If I left click on it a drop down menu comes up and there is no menu.... the nearest is reload or something which simply reloads the page...:Sad: Joy

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
What browser are you using Joy?

E.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome , etc?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Internet Explorer, Pablo. Graham has been speaking to me off site and said to try downloading a different browser to see if that helps... will try that later too.:Sad:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
right click on a clear area of your line of tabs, should give you the option to tick menu
bar

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Roger, Done that now... as you asked. Still only got the Reload etc drop down again.:Sad:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Joy,

IE does not have a star and spanner that is on Google chrome , also chrome does not have a status bar at the bottom. It sounds to me that you are not using IE but chrome.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Blush::Doh: Lunarman, you are soooooo clever. I have just logged back on to say... I was on Google Chrome and didn't know it.... Now I am on IE again and all is working well.....:Doh::Doh:

THANK YOU EVERYBODY... Sorry for being a pain. :Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
:Blush::Doh: Lunarman, you are soooooo clever. I have just logged back on to say... I was on Google Chrome and didn't know it.... Now I am on IE again and all is working well.....:Doh::Doh:

THANK YOU EVERYBODY... Sorry for being a pain. :Blush:

What would we do without you Joy. Silver plated not Chrome plated ::bigsmile:

Graham

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Well its been a bad day today, Auntie's dog was put to sleep today, we lost two chicken in broad daylight to a fox and Marks sister's birthday who was killed many years ago by DD so a sad day but Joy you have made me smile by your little PC problem - Thanks for being such a sweetie :hug:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back