Problem with unhitched electric bed (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
Hello everybody.

We have a brand new 2018 model Chausson 628eb on the Ford base. We are in deepest Greece at present many miles away from a dealer

There are only two of us so we don't need to use the electric central bed. However we have a problem with it. It operates with a system of belts to raise and lower and has two runners that sits in slots against the bulkhead at the rear of the driving cab to stop it moving from side to side.

A few days after starting out there was a noise as we went over a level crossing and the right hand side runner came out of the slide. I could not see any way of getting it back in again and today the other side popped out. I have wedged each side with a towel in the gap to stop the bed to stop it banging but it is a frustration.

I have spent a long time looking at it but have no idea. I don't know if the runners are broken or just out of the runners but I just cannot see how to reposition them.

If any kind person can assist with advice it would be much appreciated.

Kind regards to all
Paul and Val

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Can you call the dealer you bought it from or the supplier. They may be able to talk you through it?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if you lower the bed at least half way. then one person lifts one side of the bed as a second person guides the wheels back into the runners. its the same mechanism of movement that allowed it to jump out of the runners

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back