Problem with Trumatic C 6002 EH (1 Viewer)

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi folks,

A change of van saw me trying everything out for the first time at the Shrewsbury show (good to meet a fair few funsters there! Hi to you all)

The good news is it all seems to be working as designed, but for the heating system, which on "summer mode" still pumps hot air round the ducts instead of simply heating the water. :Angry: Needless to say I didn't need that on what turned out to be the hottest show of the year so far!

I've got the power selector switch set to gas, and the control panel dial set to 40 degrees. The temp dial is set to 1, but don't think that's supposed to even matter when it's set to the 40 degrees setting.

Any simple fixes? Or will I be forced to go down the new control panel route as suggested already by another trader at the show?

Thanks in advance,

Steve :Smile:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have the C4002E. What happens with mine is if I put hot water on and leave it on it gets up to temperature. If you then leave it on the boiler itself starts to get warm and it intermittently switches on the fan to dissipate heat. My last 3 vans have all done this so I think it is a feature not a flaw.

What I do now is if I want a shower I switch it on about 25 minutes before I want the shower and then switch it off. I don't get any heat build up in the van this way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Grommet,

Thanks for that. Certainly makes sense (and will save me a heap of cash as the only other suggestion I'd had to date was to fit a new control board).

Can't help thinking it would have been a better design to dissipate the heat to the outside of the van in the summer, though!

Have to say the hot air did seem quite hot though! And wouldn't the boiler switch off when it got up to temperature?

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Grommet,

Thanks for that. Certainly makes sense (and will save me a heap of cash as the only other suggestion I'd had to date was to fit a new control board).

Can't help thinking it would have been a better design to dissipate the heat to the outside of the van in the summer, though!

Have to say the hot air did seem quite hot though! And wouldn't the boiler switch off when it got up to temperature?

Steve

The boiler (burner) does switch off but the heat in the water seems to heat the surrounding boiler as it cools down. This then kicks the burner in again when the water gets below a certain temperature. Once the boiler itself gets up to a specific temp it kicks the fans in to cool it down. The air is very warm but not quite as warm as if the burners were on.

This is only my theory based on on having one of these units in a living space that is 2 mtrs by 3 mtrs. I needed to find out the cause and this was my findings.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
C 6002 eh

Hi

I am a fan of the C 6002 EH and cannot recall the hot water setting causing warm air to come through the heating ducts.

The dial/control should be pointing to the 40 or 60 setting, from memory, that was pointing upwards. Is that how you have it set?

Russell

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Just gave the system a blast on the summer setting for hot water only again, and this time no fan running or hot air! The hot water didn't quite get up to temp (orange light still on) so that does suggest as you say, that it's the hot air being blown away from the boiler. Also I guess as the ambient temp is cooler this evening, the boiler itself is cooler?

Still seems daft to blow the hot air inside the van when you've put it on the summer setting because, well, it's hot out!

I'll give it a longer blast tomorrow when it's warmer and see what happens. Thanks for the help, Grommet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi

I am a fan of the C 6002 EH and cannot recall the hot water setting causing warm air to come through the heating ducts.

The dial/control should be pointing to the 40 or 60 setting, from memory, that was pointing upwards. Is that how you have it set?

Russell

That's correct Russell. I have these settings going from about 1 o'clock
60C
40C
0ff (3 o'clock)
Heating Only
Heating and 60C (about 5 o'clock)

When on the top one in summer it will heat the water then switch off when the water is up to temp. If you then leave it on for another hour or more depending on how warm the van is already the body of the boiler gets warm due to the hot water inside it. I think this triggers the fan/blower on its lowest setting to prevent the boiler overheating. If this happens when the burner is on reheating the water to get it back up to temp it can appear as if the boiler is misbehaving.

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Ok, just had the summer setting on, and the fans only came on once the boiler had reached temp, so that backs up Gromett's theory. Started fast and died away to a gentle breath, but didn't stop. When I turned the whole thing off, the fans sped up, I'm guessing to dissipate the rest of the remaining heat.

Still don't get why the boiler would need to be cooled when it reaches temp, if the burner turns off anyway. And why the heat to be dissipated couldn't be sent out through a similar vent to the fridge vent if necessary. Even though the heat isn't as hot as when the heating is actually on, you don't really want warm air being blown around the van during a heatwave!

Russell, you say your fans never kick in when the boiler alone is heating up?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Well, I've RTFM a few times and asked the hive-mind here, so I suppose it might be time to try contacting Truma just to ask if that's what's supposed to happen?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well, I've RTFM a few times and asked the hive-mind here, so I suppose it might be time to try contacting Truma just to ask if that's what's supposed to happen?

I'm assuming that you don't have the handbook, for that model of Truma Boiler.

If not Steve, have a look >>Here<<

HTH,

Jock.

OP
OP
s7ev0

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Yeah, although the system is a bit complicated, the manual is pretty clear and leaves little room for error. (in fact I'd already found that list on the Truma site, Jock, but the download is actually for the type approval letter, not the manual!) :RollEyes:

Unfortunately what the manual doesn't tell you is whether the heater fans should kick in at any point during the summer hot water only setting.

Makes me think it's not something that should happen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back