Problem with Halford's Leisure Battery (1 Viewer)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Went to Costco this morning after seeing your message, but they only had Bosch car batteries in. Good price, but alas, no leisure batteries.
I'm pretty sure if you go to the tyre bay reception desk they will get you any Bosch you like. they normally keep one size in stock though.
Might not arrive in time for you though. Perhaps ring them ? Tyre dept is 0113 2042933

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I'm pretty sure if you go to the tyre bay reception desk they will get you any Bosch you like. they normally keep one size in stock though.
Might not arrive in time for you though. Perhaps ring them ? Tyre dept is 0113 2042933

I went into the tyre bay, but they told me they only do tyres and that all batteries are now in-store. Maybe I should have asked someone in the store :Sad:

Ah well, I needed to get it sorted this week so glad I've got something. And these ones have the lips at the bottom so should fit in the slot and screw down just fine. I'll see if I can get the guy at Halfords to do that when he takes out the two I bought yesterday that wouldn't screw down. Wish me luck!

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If they only charge £7 to fit a battery that dont fit what do they charge to fit those that do?
Just asking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have in the past had a battery from the local garage "Unipart" the warranty is with any Unipart garage it hardly started the car one day after almost 3 years so I went to the garage no problem a new one will be here we will fit it for you FOC in about an hour.

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
If they only charge £7 to fit a battery that dont fit what do they charge to fit those that do?
Just asking

I must confess I think the guy was a little reticent about admitting it didn't fit right and was just hoping I somehow wouldn't notice.

The thought of driving around with two heavy leisure batteries loose under the chair behind the drivers seed didn't strike me as being a great idea.

I figure if I get my money back on the non-fitting batteries, but let them off with the £7 for fitting these new ones in I won't be too upset.

motorhome42

Free Member
Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Halfords batteries

Hi

I recently had a leisure battery replaced by the dealer with the same problem. The dealer simply screwed a small plastic block (shelf support??) in front of the battery. Job done.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Better to buy Bosch from Costco, much cheaper open 7 days no quibble
Costco......membership.
Whats this all about then ?
Can anyone walk in off the street and buy or do you really have to be a Mason to qualify ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-04-19-19-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-04-19-19-34.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
They have a strange set of criteria for membership but you can also be added as a cardholder to any other member.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Costco......membership.
Whats this all about then ?
Can anyone walk in off the street and buy or do you really have to be a Mason to qualify ?

Letting your prejudices show again Pappajohn. It doesn't say you have to be a Mason.:Doh:

The requirements for membership do seem a bit odd though. The thing is, the nearest one is Croydon which is a bit of a trek from here, and would I save enough to make a saving on the £25 membership fee, I doubt it.

Non-members can purchase but pay a 5% surcharge, so you'd have to spend more than £500 per year to make membership worthwhile. I think I'll give it a miss.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
...membership is worth it for their bacon alone :winky:!
(but you're right, everytime I go, I spend far too much - saving money is sooo expensive these days :Doh:).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
...membership is worth it for their bacon alone :winky:!
(but you're right, everytime I go, I spend far too much - saving money is sooo expensive these days :Doh:).
Where's the nearest Costco to you and I then? :Smile: I didn't know we had one nearby.

Cheers,

Jock.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I must confess I think the guy was a little reticent about admitting it didn't fit right and was just hoping I somehow wouldn't notice.

The thought of driving around with two heavy leisure batteries loose under the chair behind the drivers seed didn't strike me as being a great idea.

I figure if I get my money back on the non-fitting batteries, but let them off with the £7 for fitting these new ones in I won't be too upset.

Hang on a sec..
They did NOT fit the new batteries.
Whilst £7 fitting fee is fine for those who cannot do anything at all with a spanner or are physically unable to do something, it is still only fine when they do the job.. Not when the job is neither completed or in fact safe !

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Are these in a standard bed or chair locker? If they are unsealed lead acid (as opposed to gel) batteries then you really need to vent them to get rid of any gas if there are problems with charging. They should have a small vent hole somewhere in the case and you can get standard vent tubes and elbows to fit. Then need to be vented to the outside - I put mine through the floor.

A decent battery supplier, like Banner, will even send them to you free of charge all the way from Austria.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
personally i would go with an alphaline 110ah for £66.50 delivered next working day and a 4 year warranty too
Broken Link Removed

Thanks for this - I ordered two on the 13/3 delivered 14/3 Fantastic service and a great price :Smile::Smile:

Thanks again,

Rob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back