problem picking up Astra 2 (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
We are in France and up to a few days ago my Oyster dish had no problem picking up Astra 2. We were then on a site where reception would be bad and it could not pick anything up. Have since moved to an area where I previously could get a signal but cannot get Astra 2. can get Astra 1 and Hotbird so I am wondering if Astra 2 has moved in the last few days. Anyone else got a similar problem.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are still in UK nothing has changed here apart from picture breaking up last night due to bad weather but all is well now.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The footprint for Astra 2 has changed in the last year or so, it depends how far you have moved and where to and also how long ago last time you had no problem. I believe Astra1 and Hotbird have a larger footprint.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We are receiving Astra 2 with full coverage, currently in Rodez, cloudy sky this morning but no reception problems.
Oyster system.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
All three Ast
We are in France and up to a few days ago my Oyster dish had no problem picking up Astra 2. We were then on a site where reception would be bad and it could not pick anything up. Have since moved to an area where I previously could get a signal but cannot get Astra 2. can get Astra 1 and Hotbird so I am wondering if Astra 2 has moved in the last few days. Anyone else got a similar problem.
All Three Astra 2 satellites are where they have been since they launched...they have not moved.
And all three satellites have two beams, a UK beam, centred on the UK whose reception can be tricky the further south in Europe you go, and a European beam whose reception is nice over most of western Europe. So you should have no issues picking up those channels on the European beam.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Thanks for your response everyone will just have to keep trying.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back