Problem fitting Tyrepal (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2015
Bury
Funster No
MH
Pilote G650L
Exp
Three years
Has anyone had problems when assembling the sensors. To insert the battery, you unscrew the sensor cap. Two of them have gone back together fine, but the other two seem determined to cross thread. I was very careful, but they just don't want to go back together without cross threading. The threads don't look great on the inside of the sensor cap I have to say.

Any solutions, short of sending it all back?

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
I have changed batteries in all my sensors several times without any problems but you need to be careful as the thread is quite fine. I had a minor problem last year and contacted tyrepal who were very efficient and helpful. Try contacting them and see what they say before returning the whole kit.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I find I trust the PSI reading enough to not remove the sensor to check and inflate šŸ¤”
If I remember to ask the MOT centre in time if they find then awkward to deal with or not, I may leave them installed for that šŸ˜³

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Pain in the butt though when you want to top up the air in the tyres
They are if you use the tiny allen screws to secure them.
After struggling to fit them for ages I gave up on the screws and just fit the sensors like a normal, large dust cap.
Been on there for several years and not lost one yet.

Richard.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
After struggling to fit them for ages I gave up on the screws and just fit the sensors like a normal, large dust cap.

Richard.
That sounds like a plan, might try that

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Richard.
I don't use the silly little screws either (after dropping one and losing it).

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is that Ā£35 for 6 - not clear from the ad.
Says range 7m - might be pushing it on my vehicle?
I wish :LOL: the range was fine on our Flair and most likely the same as the caps, but I can't see the monitor being 7m away from the rear wheels anyway.

From the description,

"Fits to a standard Schrader valve. Sensor does not need to be removed to re-inflate tyre.

Supplied with a replaceable CR1632 battery

Price for one sensor"

Sep 10, 2017
Funster No
I have changed batteries in all my sensors several times without any problems but you need to be careful as the thread is quite fine. I had a minor problem last year and contacted tyrepal who were very efficient and helpful. Try contacting them and see what they say before returning the whole kit.
Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done for the last 3 years and they have been fine.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Problem I have had is that I switched tyres front to back to even up the wear and switched the sensors to save me re formatting the screen as it doesnā€™t know that I have moved the sensors. Adjusted the pressures on tyres and now the Tyrepal reads around s 5PSI more all around than actual pressures even though I have checked and rechecked !

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
To change batteries on mine I just unscrew the two halves and slide battery out job takes about 1 minute per sensor then check and adjust tyre pressures before refitting sensors.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I find I trust the PSI reading enough to not remove the sensor to check and inflate šŸ¤”
If I remember to ask the MOT centre in time if they find then awkward to deal with or not, I may leave them installed for that šŸ˜³
Why would the MOT tester find them difficult..... They have no reason to remove them.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Why would the MOT tester find them difficult..... They have no reason to remove them.
šŸ‘thatā€™s right. Tyre pressures arenā€™t a line item on the test. The tyres just need to not look under inflated.
After recent work which was an MOT & service. By coincidence or maybe because the technician removed the sensor,my front right tyre was 0psi šŸ˜³
Just needed refitting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back