Probably a dumb question! (1 Viewer)

Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
We are away in our Burstner for the second time.

I have a problem that i should have spotted the first time.

How do you lock the Motorhome and secure it, while you are inside?

When i press the ‘lock’ on the remote the alarm goes off if I move about!

If I don’t press lock, the doors are not locked!

Robin

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
On our Burstner there are two buttons on the dashboard, one to centrally lock and one to unlock. I think you can still open the doors (certainly the hab door) from the inside, but if you go out and then close it you won't be able to get in.
All that from memory as we haven't been away for a few weeks, but think that's how it works.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
What kind of alarm is it please?

Most have a second button/double press function that disarms the internal sensor.

People need to know make of alarm to be able to tell you properly though.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I will put my manliness tot eh test and get the manuals out tomorrow, I know the alarm has been updated, but ont have the information now.

I am really puzzled by the vafact I cannot find a central door lock button in the DUcatto cab area?

There are buttons fo the windows and wing mirrors but not a single door lock can I find anywhere!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I will put my manliness tot eh test and get the manuals out tomorrow, I know the alarm has been updated, but ont have the information now.

I am really puzzled by the vafact I cannot find a central door lock button in the DUcatto cab area?

There are buttons fo the windows and wing mirrors but not a single door lock can I find anywhere!

My Burstner habitation door doesn't work off door lock and has to be done manually.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Robster100
The door lock buttons are part of the central console, below the radio, next to hazard light switch, not on the doors.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
FOUND IT, many thanks.

I was searching the doors, steering column, completely overlooked the lock button in the central console.

I will sleep easier tonight, many thanks.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
FOUND IT, many thanks.

I was searching the doors, steering column, completely overlooked the lock button in the central console.

I will sleep easier tonight, many thanks.
I think you need some training before you are allowed out in your van again. :rofl:

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016

Next to the hazard warning lights switch.
Phil

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
We have the button for locking the doors on our dashboard, but you can also lock them internally by pushing in the handle on each door.

OP
OP
R
Jan 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
I can lock my habitation door by pushing in the handle but this does not work on the driver or passenger doors

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Not all vans have a total locking system, leaving the Hab. door to be locked by you. Even when I have had a button to isolate the inside of the van, I have often been reluctant in the past to use it, fearing the alarm might go off in the night.
Am I the only one to go out in the morning forgetting to disarm the alarm? Why do I only forget when I go out while other people were sleeping?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have the buttons on the dash all they do is turn a red light on and off maybe because I haven't got central locking. :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back