Probably a daft question, but how do we get rid of waste water? (1 Viewer)

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
We have been told that getting rid of waste water, is simply a matter of pulling the lever and away we go, but when we do this nothing happens. Have read the manual, which tells us nothing at all. We have a 2003 Elddis Firestorm. Sorry if this is indeed a daft question?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
many sites will have a drive over grid unfortunately its an ongoing debate on here as to where it should and shouldnt be dumped
Unfortunately the OP hasn't reached the stage of deciding where to dump grey waste, they would just like some advice on how to empty their tank as something is preventing the grey water escaping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've found a photo Here of the grey waste outlet on the Autoquest 100 which we had. The end of the outlet pipe, with the tap, can be seen hanging down at the right behind the rear wheel. Also just visible on This Photo, between the rear wheel and hab door step.

The tap is actually a replacement - a garden water butt tap which I found better than the original fitted by Elddis.

Upvote 0

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Unfortunately the OP hasn't reached the stage of deciding where to dump grey waste, they would just like some advice on how to empty their tank as something is preventing the grey water escaping.

You see that's the dilemma which comes 1st the chicken or the egg cos if he does manage to unplug it it'll be dumping smelly water where ever they are parked SOOOO its important that where to dump is decided BEFORE unplugging the waste pipe:hi::tmi:

Upvote 0
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We have been told that getting rid of waste water, is simply a matter of pulling the lever and away we go, but when we do this nothing happens. Have read the manual, which tells us nothing at all. We have a 2003 Elddis Firestorm. Sorry if this is indeed a daft question?
There are no such things as daft questions. I don't know much about a euro MH, as i have had, in the main, American ones. But, there have been threads on here before stating that pieces of waste food can block the small bore waste pipe, and cleaning them can be a bit of a devil.
I really don't have an answer for you, but, i am sure someone will come along and give you a valid cure.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

32 Posts before someone sensible came along! Still that's what the Fun is all about! Nice one DBk.(y)

Reactions: DBK
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back