Pro-Tow / Caratow (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i ordered a brake cable for my A frame/toad on the 10th dec by phone.
the guy took the order, my card details, delivery address and phone No.
on the 19th i rang to see where it was, "errr, i have a note about it but the guy dealing with it is on hols. i'll get it sorted and you'll get it fri or mon":cry::Sad:
i rang again on the 2nd jan and a nice lady said "sorry, we cant find any order for this item, we have no card details or contact info. can we start again then i'll post it on the way home (5pm)".:Angry:
it arrived the next morning via normal parcel post (jiffy bag) and, wow, they didnt charge the £2.95 postage.
this was probably a genuine mistake but if you order from them, ring after a couple of days to see where it is.

anyone using a Caratow/protow A frame?. how much slack do you leave in the cable, if any? when hooked up.

john.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John can't help with the slack
but just to say i would be worried if my card details and adress had disapeared
not very professional :whatthe:

im watching my account for a while just in case, but i do think it was a genuine cock-up.
only the original amount gone out so far.:thumb:

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

des

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
south staffs
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
5 years
I had a Chris Cox braked A-frame, (now use brake buddy) but the system is similar. You have to be ABSOLUTELY certain that the brake is not applied when the system is slack. Switch on the ignition and look at the brake lights. Better to have a little too much slack than too little. Otherwise your brakes could get quite warm.

des

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back