Pro Plates (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
We have a 2020 Citroen Relay, i'm sure i've read somewhere that recent Ducato/Relay/Boxers now have a factory fitted internal 'pro plate' type device fitted on the 2 doors with locks ie drivers door and rear barn doors but now I can't find it, maybe I dreamt it.

If its so, can someone point me in the right direction or provide a link please.

Pete

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We bought our proplates from Garrison Locks. They only have a version for Relay 2006 onwards which might imply the latest models don’t need them. However I would give them a ring for advice.
For sales & advice call us on : 01858 435 900

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Lets just hope the thieves are up to date on this, I am just about to fit a Pro Plate on our 2017 van, as a deterrent to not only getting the van broken into, but to stop getting the screwdriver puncture hole in the door also.
I may find when I get the door covers off that there is a factory mod in place, but I will go ahead and fit the Pro Plate anyhow at least it will be visible from the exterior.
LES

OP
OP
pjay
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Thanks all, I rang Garrison locks and they confirmed that around 2007/08 (facelift time?) Fiat/Citroen etc did start to fit a straddling plate to the interior of the door handle but he thought they weren't up to much. Whether thats just sales speak I don't know but as said by Les above they won't be visible externally.

Pete

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks all, I rang Garrison locks and they confirmed that around 2007/08 (facelift time?) Fiat/Citroen etc did start to fit a straddling plate to the interior of the door handle but he thought they weren't up to much. Whether thats just sales speak I don't know but as said by Les above they won't be visible externally.

Pete
Thanks for getting back with that. Should you still want to fit them, do their current ones fit the newer models?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pjay
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
He said yes he could fit them to mine (2020) but on the website they only appear to offer a '2006 onwards' option so I assume they must fit all models.

They also offer a 're-inforced pro plate' option which I 'think' either rivets or screws down the visible lip at the base of the door handle in some way to stop it being 'peeled open' to get a screwdriver in.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back