Private, Personalised, Cherished Number plate.....yes or No. (1 Viewer)

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Anyone named Clint;) got their name on a plate.

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Saw a nice one many years ago on a VW beetle:
WOW110T
It had a black number plate bolt between the ones.
WOW1•1OT

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Don't are how much money you have or what right you have to spend it on what you want it's still naff, common as muck, big brother, love island and any soap you care to mention twaddle, just change your names to Kylie and Jason and get it over and done with

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
If people like them, that’s fine. Personally, I wouldn’t bother but I’m not one to be attached to things. When I move house I keep about a dozen boxes of stuff and send the rest to charity shops. Just can’t get sentimental over cars, motorhome, furniture, possessions.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Don't are how much money you have or what right you have to spend it on what you want it's still naff, common as muck, big brother, love island and any soap you care to mention twaddle, just change your names to Kylie and Jason and get it over and done with
Thankfully your opinions are not fact.

Imagine if someone came on here saying that all owners of campers and Mohos are tossers coz they take up space and pollute and rich folk showing off ?

I'm having trouble typing coz of your reply. Still giggling. I'm glad I'm not like you

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Is that rant about personalised plates?

I have 3 of them. Primarily to take the age off my vehicles, also they are sequential which I like.

£250 a piece.

Naff? Common as muck? Steady on!

Deleted User
Thankfully your opinions are not fact.

Imagine if someone came on here saying that all owners of campers and Mohos are tossers coz they take up space and pollute and rich folk showing off ?

I'm having trouble typing coz of your reply. Still giggling. I'm glad I'm not like you
Of course they are not fact the op was seeking opinions not asking me to agree with yours, you do make me laugh with your comments though so thanks for that

Deleted User

I have 3 of them. Primarily to take the age off my vehicles, also they are sequential which I like.

£250 a piece.

Big apologies, no offence originally intended, reading my post again it went beyond opinion to offence so will withdraw from post with head hung low

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Of course they are not fact the op was seeking opinions not asking me to agree with yours, you do make me laugh with your comments though so thanks for that
He wasn't seeking opinions. He was spouting his opinions as fact.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots

£250 a piece.

Some folk just like to moan.

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Over 50 years ago my father had a Humber with the reg AVW 1. I sometimes wonder what that would be worth today but in those days it was just a number.

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
images.jpeg
My missus bought me this private plate!

Kev

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
70 NKA. Is out there somewhere on an old land rover. It's showing as SORN with DVLA..
If any members are big Into land rovers maybe there are forums where it's location might be tracked down (y)

Would look lovely on a Burstner.
Which BURSTNER would that be then?

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
In France i saw a really tatty looking caravan being towed by an old and slightly tatty car with the registration, HRH 1.
I Thought one of the royals had decided to slum it. ?
Can't imagine what that would be worth to those that buy numbers.

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We have three, same letters but consecutive numbers. When I was working as a chauffeur they were on the cars. When I retired we kept them. For a while one was on a tractor, one on and old VW van the third on a motorbike.
The three together cost £400 over 30 years ago.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Mar 3, 2014
Oxford
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since 2013
If people like them, that’s fine. Personally, I wouldn’t bother but I’m not one to be attached to things. When I move house I keep about a dozen boxes of stuff and send the rest to charity shops. Just can’t get sentimental over cars, motorhome, furniture, possessions.

When I sell my house can I pay you to declutter me :D .. (y)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I am not keen on them. I actually said I would never have one.

But! My wife surprised me with one recently for my replacement car.

It’s my dads original 50,s plate letters ( long before they became cherished or private). Coupled with my initial and my age when he died, 8.

What could I say ..?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
How do you find that .

I know. Need a dodgy copper :D
And even then if I found the keeper and wrote to them they could take offence as to how I got the details ..

UPDATE,, Just done a new check with DVLA online and its now showing as taxed and MOT to December 2019 so someone is using it. 1988 landrover.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back