Privacy Film on Perspex Windows (1 Viewer)

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Hi
Has anyone tried putting privacy film on their van windows? Do you think it would damage them in any way?
Thanks

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some say the glue affects the acrylic, but I have done it in the past with no bad effects

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thanks! Think we will give it a go!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I used to give a mate a hand fitting various types of windows film.. so my old van was fitted with the privacy film.. that was no problem as it was a mini bus and windows were glass..
Don't think the film will damage the perspex but it has to be cut to fit and the sharp blade required will mark the perspex type windows. . But so close to edges it won't be noticed...better to cut the film with a little clearance around the edges than have it oversize or it will lift..
Other problem with the perspex type windows may be the profile of the perspex.. If it's not flat then the film won't lie flat and you get air bubbles..
Once the adhesive dries that will be it... removing it from perspex without damage I think would be impossible...
I've removed it from glass and required a lot of scraping..
Rather long winded but hope it helps
Ta Andy.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It doesn't have any adhesive just a low tack finish so should be OK , however you won't really know until it's been on the van for a couple of years and exposed to sunlight. Also I would have thought it would make the van rather gloomy insde.

OP
OP
Stonemags76

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Exp
I think we might try the cling type with no adhesive. Also if we get the lighter film, I don't think it will be too dark. Trouble is, the voiles hang away from the windows because of the curve of the van sides, and they get on my nerves! Thanks for all your replies - all food for thought!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
Vinyls does not damege acylic windows anymore as the glue is now all water based not solvent all so for cleaning just use a hairdryer and hot soapy water as it water based it will come of with a bit of effort but most windows are curved and have slight returns so unless you are using a wrap bubble free vinyl it won't work I would take it to local sign shop and have it done right
Cheers tomi

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back