Printer (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Depends if you're going to be using it for anything else, what size prints you need and what paper you intend to use.

More detail?

If it's just for photos and nothing else ever and you'll only ever want standard photo sizes then you're looking at a very different machine than if you want it to be a standard do everything home printer.

I use a DNP DS40 and a DS80 for my own prints and for work. If you want a compact photo printer they are the best on the market bar none but they're really for commercial rather than home users and so are bloody expensive.

If you want an all in one home printer that's good for photos then avoid the cheaper CMYK (3 colour and black) models. Spend a bit more money on a 5, 6 or 7 colour machine. I have a Canon MG7550 at home and can highly recommend it.

If you want good photo results avoid the cheapest throwaway ones like the plague regardless of what anyone tells you and always make sure you use proper photo paper.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Looking for a new photo printer thoughts?
I've had one of these for a few years, every motorhome should have one. Battery lasts for weeks between charges excellent photo and A4 printing, fast smooth and small enough to fit in your hand bag.
Not the cheapest printer on the market but fantastic for printing on the move.
Canon Pixma iP110 portable wireless inkjet printer
u_10071458.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
For B&W printing I have a s/h office laser bought off eBay. It's my third because I buy another when the toner runs out. I get 3 to 5 years of good quality print for under £80. We use one of the on-line print houses for photos & have a cheap (to buy) dye sublimation printer for quick photo prints for relatives etc. It's expensive to run but we only print maybe a dozen prints a year using it & the quality is superb. I dislike ink-jets (for my usage) because they waste a lot of ink nozzle cleaning if used rarely (for colour). By the time I need a photo print the nozzles are blocked anyway.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I have a Canon MG7551, prints adequate pictures but when I want good prints I use one of the online services like Photobox or Snapfish.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Im looking to print pics on photographic paper... I have a B & W lazer for general stuff...

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
ave a cheap (to buy) dye sublimation printer for quick photo prints for relatives etc. It's expensive to run[/QUOTE]

Really? Which one do you have?

My dye sub printers are cheap as chips to run, almost cheaper than my ink machines. They aren't home user models though.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We bought one of these..... superb bit of kit.. for the money.. (y)

epson-et-2550-ecotank-printer-07.jpg

Reactions: Jim
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The biggest issue with any kind of inkjet based printer is that the colours aren't fast.

Put a print in direct sunlight and it will start to fade within a matter of a few weeks.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
We recently bought an HPDeskjet 3630 from tesco £24.00 print, scan, copy, web. Will chuck it away when empty of ink, replacement cartridges = £27!!!
Does what we want..
Cheers, Dave(y)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Canon Selphy. Probably not what you first thought of when I mentioned dye sub printer :). They're very obviously aimed at the consumer market. Refills are a package with the dye ribbon and enough paper to use it up. Quality is brilliant though & they're excellent for a quick "enprint" :D.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Canon Selphy. Probably not what you first thought of when I mentioned dye sub printer :). They're very obviously aimed at the consumer market. Refills are a package with the dye ribbon and enough paper to use it up. Quality is brilliant though & they're excellent for a quick "enprint" :D.

Consumer market yes and it's fine for what it is.

Nowhere near pro standard though.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I've had one of these for a few years, every motorhome should have one. Battery lasts for weeks between charges excellent photo and A4 printing, fast smooth and small enough to fit in your hand bag.
Not the cheapest printer on the market but fantastic for printing on the move.
Canon Pixma iP110 portable wireless inkjet printer

This printer-what inks does it need, how do you connect to tablet/laptop
Will it connect wirelessly with USB or what, any info you could supply would be great. I've often looked at printers but usually they are so big and cumbersome, this could be the one!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
This printer-what inks does it need, how do you connect to tablet/laptop
Will it connect wirelessly with USB or what, any info you could supply would be great. I've often looked at printers but usually they are so big and cumbersome, this could be the one!
Hi Shrimp, I first come across this printer when we had the John Lewis around to measure for a stair carpet. He measured the stairs typed it into his laptop then pulled this printer from his briefcase and printed our copy off with all the detail. I was that impressed that I went down and purchased one. This was 2/3 years ago and the printer is still printing as the day it arrived. I take it away with me and would be surprised how much we use it.

Now the negatives....Not sure I have found any apart from the ink cartage's are not huge but big enough to last some weeks of normal use, I only ever use Canon ink which is about 8/9 pound each, Canon 35 for black and Canon 36 for color.
Connection to laptop, I use a usb cable but on my older model there in a connection for a small Bluetooth gizmo that can be purchased from Canon but I have never found a need so not got one. I think they were about 30 quid when I last looked. I don't know but the newer model might have a Bluetooth ready to go.
The battery clips onto the back and obviously depends how much you use it but a charge usually does me for a month or two.
As I said this printer is not cheap and it is not for printing hundreds of copies but the photo printing is excellent and A4 sheets are fast and also excellent.
If ever this one packed up I would get another in a flash. (y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks buttons, will try to find a sensible priced one!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Thanks buttons, will try to find a sensible priced one!
Some come with the battery and some you have to purchase the battery separately so check this when you are price checking...also remember this is an addition to your printing capability not normally your main office printer.(y)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks, we full time so just want to be able to print the odd 'something' occasionally so this would be ok-maybe I can find a used one!

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
In Asda today they had a Canon printer for £19 !!!!!!!
Cheers, Dave(y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Hello and welcome to this motorhome forum, although we have wide ranging interests & expertise... you might be better off asking your question on an Epson support forum

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back