Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Hi i have an epson sx400 wifi printer and it wont print black i`ve run cleaner a lot and all other usual things but no joy, it was fine till last inks changed which it did`nt recognise but ok now just not printing in black ! any ideas ?

I was thinking of stripping it down to see if i can clean it manually if possible as it maybe blocked somewhere, but if no good or lose my way i`m thinking of a cheaper good replacement but i wondered which make would be cheapest for inks ? any advice please . Thanks.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
standard failure of an epson printer. the ink clogs and starts blocking, then you try and flush it and it fills the drain tank, basically ruling out getting it going again. Epson remain the cheapest printers to buy and for ink, but if you do use non original cartridges, expect them to die quicker

it may be worth filling an empty black cartridge with flushing fluid, but you also need to empty the drain. can be a messy job. I expect to replace my printer every 2 years using cheap ink, as I cant be bothered getting covered in ink etc cleaning and stripping down a blocked printer

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
ok thanks for that, i will try dabbing the nozzles with a damp paper towel but if no good i may strip it for fun to see if i can fix it unless there are any other ideas, prob end up just getting a new one then which is a pity cos its been a tidy bit of kit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Thanks that looks worth a try , a great find its even got my printer, just got to find where i can buy some isoclene now. i wiped the jets earlier but no joy so last chance before i drop kick it in a skip n get a new one :D

OP
OP
autoswan

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Gave it a try with that wizz stuff but no better photocopies ok in colour setting though a bit mixed in colours, good enough for personal copying stuff. So off to get a new Epsom I think Tesco usually have good deals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back