Printed photographs from an i-pad (1 Viewer)

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I have all the photos of my quilts on an i-pad. Can someone please explain (in very simple terms) how I can get printed copies. Before Windows 10 I'm sure I could synchronise the i-pad with the computer but that doesn't appear to be happening. IF? my photos have gone to i-Cloud can I get them from there.? @Carol has put forward the suggestion so I'd like to produce an album.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you have an air printer you can just print straight to that.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Is an air printer a wireless printer? They're quite reasonably priced aren't they?

Nov 25, 2014
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2006
If you don’t have a Wi-fi printer but do have a computer you could save them to Dropbox (app in the App Store), download Dropbox to your computer and transfer from your Dropbox to your computer and print from there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Wow! I did start setting up Dropbox on the computer so maybe I'm part of the way there with that idea. I have just seen an HP printer on the John Lewis website which gets favourable reviews so thank you one and all I now have options(y)

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
... or just email them to yourself and open the email on your computer.
I will try that as well. I'm so pleased to have options, I thought they were stuck on the i-pad for ever.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Is an air printer a wireless printer? They're quite reasonably priced aren't they?
Yes and yes. Any major store like Argos pc world etc. Just google Apple air printer. Check the price of ink cartridges and check if you can still print if one of the cartridges Is empty

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I think AirPrint and Wi-fi printers are not always the same - ie some wireless printers aren’t AirPrint. If you’re thinking of buying a new printer it may be worth bearing in mind and checking it’s AirPrint compatible.

I think you can print from iPad to any wireless but it’s not as simple as with AirPrint printers.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Another option would be to have them printed for you, a bit like sending your old camera film off for developing.
Good quality prints and not too expensive.
http://promo.snapfish.co.uk

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I think AirPrint and Wi-fi printers are not always the same - ie some wireless printers aren’t AirPrint. If you’re thinking of buying a new printer it may be worth bearing in mind and checking it’s AirPrint compatible.

I think you can print from iPad to any wireless but it’s not as simple as with AirPrint printers.
That's correct some of the Brother printers are wireless but not AirPrint compatible. There are apps available that allow printing from iPad to any wifi printer but the easiest option imo is an AirPrint printer

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I have all the photos of my quilts on an i-pad. Can someone please explain (in very simple terms) how I can get printed copies. Before Windows 10 I'm sure I could synchronise the i-pad with the computer but that doesn't appear to be happening. IF? my photos have gone to i-Cloud can I get them from there.? @Carol has put forward the suggestion so I'd like to produce an album.
You can still sync as you used to. A quick Google will give you a multitude of answers e.g. https://www.imore.com/how-sync-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-windows-10

If you've already got a decent printer attached to your Windows PC then that would avoid having to buy a new printer.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Look at the free print app. 45 free 6x4 prints a month and other sizes for next to nothing, daughter uses it all the time for cheap photo books of the kids, quality is very good too.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Thank you all for taking the trouble to reply. I have had a result from e-mailing to myself but I will take this further so that I can get learn how to resize the photos.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
[QUOTE="Solwaybuggier, post: 2664541, member: 47264"

I think you can print from iPad to any wireless but it’s not as simple as with AirPrint printers.[/QUOTE]

Not quite!

I have a good spec though older Epson printer and cannot print directly from an iPad. I have an App that allows me to print photos, e-mail messages and texts but not any attachments therewith.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back