Priming Whale fresh water pump? (1 Viewer)

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Having difficulty getting the water supply in my 2016 Rapido V68 PVC working. Have not used the fresh water system for some months because it's been drained down over winter. Last time was in early January.

Have filled the tank half-full and can hear a noise from the pump when powered up from the control panel, but not sure if it is actully working. Sink taps closed, but nothing - not even air - when cold water tap opened.

How long should I leave the pump switched on - have tried a couple of extended times of around 5 minutes.

Not sure what to do next, or even how to access the pump? There is a Whale external pressure switch on top of the tank, but unsure about the pump - in the tank?

Any help / suggestions appreciated - many thanks!

Mike

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Not exactly certain what did it? I opened one of the taps and blew down it; I unscrewed one of the covers on the water tank and tapped the pump; and I put extra water in the tank, from half-full to three-quarters full!

So one or a combination of the above did the trick. (y)

Just pleased all is working now.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Best to open all taps (leave pump switched off) then completely fill the tank. Simply filling & leaving taps open so some air can get out usually does the trick - followed by switching the pump on with all taps open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back