Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
Hi all just a sharing of experience really!
I decided to buy the Prima awning to go with my new 74-2!
Splashed out the money and it arrived two weeks ago!

Arrived on site yesterday and put it up with the help of two friendly neighbours, a 3 man job due to weight!

pumped it up and it had a leak! Stayed up for about ten minutes before the middle tube went down!
It will be going back on Tuesday or a claim made to my credit card company as the product was supplied not fit for purpose!

I think I will look at the Thule Smart Panels next!
Anyone have similar experiences?
Typical Bailey quality IMO good spec but no quality control!

Up until now I have been an advocate for Bailey!

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
To be fair to Bailey they dont actually make the awnings. But most of their " own brand products" are made in china. I have also lost faith in Bailey sadly .

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Even if you find one that stays up you’ll soon get fed up with it (3 people to erect it) ?
Buy a quest pop up instead.
I wondered about that too. I have an inflatable awning and put it up on my own in around 15 minutes. Once it’s threaded into the rail I inflate it , peg it out, place the side skirt and job done.

OP
OP
wuzzlewood

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
I wondered about that too. I have an inflatable awning and put it up on my own in around 15 minutes. Once it’s threaded into the rail I inflate it , peg it out, place the side skirt and job done.
I would be interested in which awning and whether you roll out the awning to be able to work at more comfortable working height?
I was told to try rolling out the awning, drop the legs to take the weight and then thread the bead through! Support the weight when rolling the awning back in and then inflate!
At the moment I feel inclined to blow it up with explosives!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I would be interested in which awning and whether you roll out the awning to be able to work at more comfortable working height?
I was told to try rolling out the awning, drop the legs to take the weight and then thread the bead through! Support the weight when rolling the awning back in and then inflate!
At the moment I feel inclined to blow it up with explosives!
Just as you said. Wind out the fiamma (other makes are available) awning a little. I then stand on a little folding stool and feed in the blow up awning. I then put some air into the tubes to take some of the weight. Wind in my fiamma awning and blow up the inflatable awning to make it solid. Adjust the inflated beams to best fit. Position the side skirt to prevent droughts from under the van. Peg it down. Table out, chair out and beer time🍺🍺.

P.S. I cannot for the life in me remember what make my inflatable awning is. It’s from somewhere in or near Cleckheaton if I remember correctly. It was around half the price (I am a Yorkie) of a vango.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I had an inflatable tent a few years back with the same problem. I just reported it to the seller and they sent me a replacement tube (or bladder as they referred to it as).
Hope it works out for you.

OP
OP
wuzzlewood

wuzzlewood

Free Member
Dec 28, 2020
Gower
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 3
Exp
since 1990
By the looks of it the OP is in the Gower, so yes campsites are open for him
Certainly are! in fact ALL over Gods country but the South Wales bordered are on the bridge to keep others OUT! It’s a bit like Roukes Drift there!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back