• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD PRICE REDUCED Smart ForTwo Pulse Cabriolet Auto MHD 2010 £3,850 Ono for quick sale (1 Viewer)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
IMG_4754.JPG

I have reduced the price significantly as I need the space on the driveway. We are now asking £3,850, and this really means you are getting the A frame for £100 ( cost £900). This is our Smart ForTwo Pulse Cabriolet Auto MHD 71 (Micro Hybrid Drive) with a 1.0 Litre petrol engine and was registered in July 2010. We bought this from @Minxygirl in July 2017 and have fitted an Armitage's A Frame. We have enjoyed towing him around the UK and have added 2000 miles so he has now done 20,000 miles ( just reached 20,000 today). I have copied most of this from the original advert but added a photo of the A frame. I currently have personal plates on him, but it will revert to 2010 plates when we transfer it.

Now we have sold my wife's other car, we find that we need 4 seats more than we expected so plan to replace the Smart with a four seater so that she can use it as a runabout as well as a toad.

He's a great example in ‘high gloss’ black with a black roof - this little car is in extremely good condition and as the body panels are composite they will never rust. The interior is grey/black and is clean and unworn as it has been well looked after with no stains/marks/tears etc (covers used to protect the seats). Produced by Mercedes Benz it is extremely well built and very comfortable - no nasty squeaks/rattles. Non-smoking homes (all owners).

It has the full auto/semi-auto soft-touch 5 speed gear box so you can choose whether to have full-auto or semi-auto at the touch of a button - it also has gear change paddles on the steering wheel/column for quick manual changing – sporty model with the bigger fatter tyres!

It drives like a dream, is very nippy and easy to park – a real fun vehicle and brings a smile to your face every time you get in it! Despite being a 'small' car it's surprising just how spacious it is, and how much you can get in the boot which is more generous than many 4/5 seat small cars - the back of the soft top can be lifted up and the tailgate lowered to give an even larger carrying capacity.

There are 2 areas with some scratches/marks on the exterior, one on the rear offside and one on the front nearside where other cars have ‘touched’ the car whilst it was in car parks, some black wax polish will probably sort them out but I'd rather a new owner saw them as they are than try to disguise them … it has never been pranged/crashed!

If you have any questions or want to come and see it please let me know via a 'conversation' or this thread.

More info:
* Made by Smart (part of Mercedes Benz) so a quality car
* Registered July 2010 (10 plate)
* Only 19,900 miles from new (3 lady owners)
* Full Mercedes/Smart service history ( last done in August 2017 at Mercedes)
* MOT - valid until July 2018
* HPI clear
* Original booklets, emergency triangle and tyre puncture inflation kit
* £20 road tax (C0₂ emission is 106g/km - also cheap to insure
* 50+ MPG – very economical
* MHD stop/start ‘fuel economy’ system (can be turned on/off by pressing a button

Equipment:
* Remote central locking with 2 key genuine Smart remote fobs
* Electric convertible soft top – can be used in full ‘top down’ mode or ‘targa’ top, removable side bars too
* 6 spoke alloy wheels and good tyres with a lot of mileage left in them
* Sports steering wheel
* Locable glove box (an optional extra)
* Heated rigid rear window
* Immobiliser
* Driver & passenger air bags
* Air con (serviced and refilled in August 2017)
* Electric windows
* Genuine Smart AM/FM radio/CD
* ESP / ABS / Traction Control
* Front fog lights
* High level third brake light
* Rear wash wipe
* Rear removable parcel shelf with divider and storage pockets
* Opening tailgate with storage compartment

All these photos were taken by MinxyGirl except the one with the A frame, but it has not changed! (Ignore the one showing mileage; it's now done 19,900)

4-front-jpg.169006
5-rear-jpg.169007
6-jpg.169008
7-jpg.169009
9-jpg.169010
cab-roof-part-open-jpg.169011
cab-roof-jpg.169012
cab-4-jpg.169013
side-nearside-cab-jpg.169014
dscf1549-jpg.169015
mileage-jpg.169017
scratches-front-nearside-jpg.169018
scratches-rear-offside-jpg.169019

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I shall resist ... I SHALL resist ... I SHALL RESIST!!!! :rolleyes:

No way on earth am I telling hubby that Sluggy is for sale!!! o_O

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I shall resist ... I SHALL resist ... I SHALL RESIST!!!! :rolleyes:

No way on earth am I telling hubby that Sluggy is for sale!!! o_O
He is the new and improved Sluggy now he has an A frame. Better not remind hubby how much he used to enjoy driving with the top down and the wind ruffling his hair in the sunshine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thats a nice looking combo, very nice.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
So tempted.
So what can I do to increase your temptation @Linda and Steph ? Maybe tell you that it's so cheap to run, £20 annual road tax, low insurance (Gp5), over 50 mpg average since I've had it, and low annual servicing cost ( even at Mercedes). And towing it behind the Moho has minimum impact on the Moho fuel consumption - it owners it by about 0.5mpg!

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
So what can I do to increase your temptation @Linda and Steph ? Maybe tell you that it's so cheap to run, £20 annual road tax, low insurance (Gp5), over 50 mpg average since I've had it, and low annual servicing cost ( even at Mercedes). And towing it behind the Moho has minimum impact on the Moho fuel consumption - it owners it by about 0.5mpg!
Unfortunately we need to buy a new MH before we get a toad, it's a beautiful car though.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
What does the Armitage A frame weigh @Mr Chrysalis? We saw a couple of A-frame manufacturers at the Lincoln Motorhome Show and they weighed about 10kg which I might struggle with. Does it need that jockey wheel? As you can tell I know nothing about Armitage except they make good trailers.

Our 'new' motorhome has a tow bar and we are tempted to go down the A-frame/toad route.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
What does the Armitage A frame weigh @Mr Chrysalis? We saw a couple of A-frame manufacturers at the Lincoln Motorhome Show and they weighed about 10kg which I might struggle with. Does it need that jockey wheel? As you can tell I know nothing about Armitage except they make good trailers.

Our 'new' motorhome has a tow bar and we are tempted to go down the A-frame/toad route.
Hi @snailtrailer. The complete A frame weighs about 20kg complete. It does not need the jockey wheel, but that does allow you to drive the car up to the van or drive it away from the van to park it. I can fit it to the car on my own, but it is easier if I hold it in place and let my wife slip the connecting bar through the towing eyes. The jockey wheel also means I can "wheel" the A frame away from the car to my garage, so I don't need to lift it. The jockey wheel can be removed and the whole thing folds away.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Thank you @Mr Chrysalis for the information. I am thinking this is too heavy for me to lift into the back of the car. I know I cannot lift a 25kg sack of potatoes:eek:. I haven't given up yet but need to do some more research.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
I have reduced the price to £3,850 ono for a quick sale as I need the space on my driveway. This means you are getting the A frame for £100 ( cost £900). Great opportunity to get a great little low mileage tow car at a bargain price.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Just letting you know that I have now advertised this outside of the forum, but I would rather another Funster had it so I will knock another £100 off the asking price for any Funsters who are interested.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
This might sound a daft question but is it an auto or a semi automatic or manual gearbox please .as Rosie only has auto licence and i understand that some of the smart cars are auto tectorinic which is ok .

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Happy to buy this car. Give me a ring to arrange please. 07772842903
See my "start a conversation" message.
Regards
Phil

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
This might sound a daft question but is it an auto or a semi automatic or manual gearbox please .as Rosie only has auto licence and i understand that some of the smart cars are auto tectorinic which is ok .
It is automatic, but can be driven in manual mode too

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I have reduced the price to £3,850 ono for a quick sale as I need the space on my driveway. This means you are getting the A frame for £100 ( cost £900). Great opportunity to get a great little low mileage tow car at a bargain price.
Happy to buy this car. Give me a ring on 07772 842903 to make arrangements
Regards Phil

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Happy to buy this car. Give me a ring on 07772 842903 to make arrangements
Regards Phil
Phil, please see my PM to you. Apologies I sent the message yesterday, but apparently did not hit the "post" button

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Happy to report that this is now in the safe hands of another Funster. I'll let them say who they are if they want to!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back