Price of tyres (1 Viewer)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
just been ringing around for tyres Michelin agilis camping 215/75/16 116 and two local garages both want about £150 a tyre fitted. Is that about right or do you think I can get them cheaper ?

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
or you could just fit White van tyres as some people fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
That's the ones except I asked for the load ratings of 116 to be on the safe side . That was was one of the garages I asked so I will show them that it might help thanks for that Bart

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
just been ringing around for tyres Michelin agilis camping 215/75/16 116 and two local garages both want about £150 a tyre fitted. Is that about right or do you think I can get them cheaper ?
kwikfit do them cheaper and will do them at home ,no extra charge ,great price and service .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Another + for KwikFit. I use Continental Vanco 2 Winter tyres all year round. Last set cost me £95 each (but were on offer).

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I have an Iveco 7 ton chassis and could not get camper tyres with a high enough rating so £162 each for 6 new Michelin commercial ones, six weeks later one went flat, sent a van out to me at home put the spare on and took the tyre away, no puncture but a bulge in the sidewall, has been sent back to Michelin, Q tyres Coventry have seen anything like this on a newish tyre, Q tyres are a good company to deal with

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Another + for KwikFit. I use Continental Vanco 2 Winter tyres all year round. Last set cost me £95 each (but were on offer).
That's another brand I can look at I guess they are all as good as each other . Thanks

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Don't know if they make van tyres but Hankook are good and fitted to VW from factory.

Reactions: SMB

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Hi Howard

I just changed mine to Michelin Campers and used on line Black circle tyres, tyres sent to a local depot they use, you choose, admittedly mine are 15 rims not 16's but paid £119 each fitted

I find the ride far better now than the Continentals that were on the rear

Terry

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
That's another brand I can look at I guess they are all as good as each other . Thanks
Actually, that's technically incorrect ! There are two tyres that are specifically designed and produced for motorhomes. One being the Michellin which has a very good reputation and the other being the Continental Vanco Camper tyre with the designation of CP after it's size and speed rating. (This is critical as there is also a Continental Vanco tyre with just the C designation and some of the tyre dealers are not aware of this and will tell you the C tyre is what you need). The CP tyre has more steel in the side wall to withstand the high pressures motorhome tyres are subjected to and also to prevent flat spots when standing in isolation for long periods. There has been a lot of debate between the Michelin and the Continental camper tyres and I'm of the view either will do as they are both the dogs bo***ks of motorhome tyres.

Now! I bet you a pound to a pinch of doggy do, someone will challenge my statement. Don't you just love Fun !

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Hi Howard

I just changed mine to Michelin Campers and used on line Black circle tyres, tyres sent to a local depot they use, you choose, admittedly mine are 15 rims not 16's but paid £119 each fitted

I find the ride far better now than the Continentals that were on the rear

Terry
Thanks for that Terry I do prefer Michelin tyres but I have 4 to buy so cost could come into it but we will see (y)

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Actually, that's technically incorrect ! There are two tyres that are specifically designed and produced for motorhomes. One being the Michellin which has a very good reputation and the other being the Continental Vanco Camper tyre with the designation of CP after it's size and speed rating. (This is critical as there is also a Continental Vanco tyre with just the C designation and some of the tyre dealers are not aware of this and will tell you the C tyre is what you need). The CP tyre has more steel in the side wall to withstand the high pressures motorhome tyres are subjected to and also to prevent flat spots when standing in isolation for long periods. There has been a lot of debate between the Michelin and the Continental camper tyres and I'm of the view either will do as they are both the dogs bo***ks of motorhome tyres.

Now! I bet you a pound to a pinch of doggy do, someone will challenge my statement. Don't you just love Fun !
There is more to this tyre buying than meets the eye but I am fast becoming a lot more knowledgable, that's good to know about c and cp if I end up with continentals I will ensure I state cp ,many thanks

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thanks for that Terry I do prefer Michelin tyres but I have 4 to buy so cost could come into it but we will see (y)

As with most of us cost is important but so is those four black circles that actually is the only contact you have with the tarmac.

Having heard of blow outs etc and the damage they can cause sometimes a bit extra is a price worth paying.

Im not preaching here just making an observation (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging

Of course we will you got it wrong in your second sentence, Perill also make camping tyres.:ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a quick look ,about the same as my local guys so I guess that the going rate but thanks anyway (y)
Why not play one against the other. it may bring your price down by a couple of quid, or make an offer to your local guy as he may want the work anyway and willing to cut a few ponds of the price. you will not need any of that nitrogen shit and if you have steel valves in your tyres these can be used again in like for like tyres.

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Actually, that's technically incorrect ! There are two tyres that are specifically designed and produced for motorhomes. One being the Michellin which has a very good reputation and the other being the Continental Vanco Camper tyre with the designation of CP after it's size and speed rating. (This is critical as there is also a Continental Vanco tyre with just the C designation and some of the tyre dealers are not aware of this and will tell you the C tyre is what you need).

I challenge your statement! Not sure on what grounds but I do enjoy a good challenge :D

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Also remember some places take a Tesco or Sainsburys reward card so can get a few extra quid in vouchers for something you are going to buy anyway

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back