Price Drop - 2 Year Three Mobile Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband 24 GB Data SIM £32.30 (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
When I had Three I don't think it was capable of playing a video abroad. It was about 3 years ago though, was brilliant to move to Plusnet (EE) after. Suddenly realised my phone had a 4G symbol ?
Three only started rolling out 4G on roaming this year, still not everywhere. I gave up with Three even when it was a 3G signal it was so slow. Both EE & Vodafone work well roaming.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When I had Three I don't think it was capable of playing a video abroad. It was about 3 years ago though, was brilliant to move to Plusnet (EE) after. Suddenly realised my phone had a 4G symbol ?
It seemed to work well in Spain for catch-up TV, when we had neither a satellite signal, nor any WiFi. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Three only started rolling out 4G on roaming this year, still not everywhere. I gave up with Three even when it was a 3G signal it was so slow. Both EE & Vodafone work well roaming.
I now have my phone contract with EE. Have been in the USA for the last 3 weeks, which is a Go Roam country. I am getting 4G on my phone everywhere! Last year with the mifi and EE PAYG SIM I was lucky to get 2G.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I now have my phone contract with EE. Have been in the USA for the last 3 weeks, which is a Go Roam country. I am getting 4G on my phone everywhere! Last year with the mifi and EE PAYG SIM I was lucky to get 2G.

What US provider are you logged on to. We have had both ATT and Verizon?

3 Sim Cards:-

£1-34 per month per GB. would seem to be cheap?. What you have to watch with these is the fact IF you dont make at least one "call" or Text" or whatever in the month they DO and HAVE reallocated the numbers and what you have (left) is lost!. Happend to me when I took the sim out and mislaid it, it turned up about 6 Months later and I tried to use it, no joy. I spoke to 3 and they told me it had not been used so they reallocated the number. The best they would do was to offer a one month 1GB Sim "free" so I lost over a years use and more than 12gb of data use.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Oh bother -missed this post and the deal seems to have finished.

Note - don't confuse the 24GB/2yrs card with the "unlimited" which only lasts 30 days. It's a simiular price to the "offer".

Still have a goodly amount on current sim but it would have been nice to have a spare - they always run out at the most inconvenient time!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Oh bother -missed this post and the deal seems to have finished.

Note - don't confuse the 24GB/2yrs card with the "unlimited" which only lasts 30 days. It's a simiular price to the "offer".

Still have a goodly amount on current sim but it would have been nice to have a spare - they always run out at the most inconvenient time!
Oh bugger, I missed it :-(
No worries I think you will find a better deal among the other suggestions. (y) (y) :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I think a point that may have been missed in this thread is , as we did, you buy the SIM with 12 g that lasts for a year but then you use it all in the month you are away, so it might just as well be a month one.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
But I don't use it all in the first month - in fact one 12gb sim-card I had actually time-expired before I had used it all. That's why I'm not interested in monthly plans - most of the time I wouldn't use all the data, but when I want it I want it to be there. So the 24gb/12gb cards do me fine and having a spare to hand is even better.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But I don't use it all in the first month - in fact one 12gb sim-card I had actually time-expired before I had used it all. That's why I'm not interested in monthly plans - most of the time I wouldn't use all the data, but when I want it I want it to be there. So the 24gb/12gb cards do me fine and having a spare to hand is even better.
But that makes it even more relivent, if the 12 g actually runs out before you have used it in a year, you only need a even cheaper contract, with a couple of gbs, a month , say a fiver a month and that includes phone and text.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
But that makes it even more relivent, if the 12 g actually runs out before you have used it in a year, you only need a even cheaper contract, with a couple of gbs, a month , say a fiver a month and that includes phone and text.
Sorry I might not have explained that very well , but with all contracts you can always add more data in one month if you run out, and on some you can roll over your data from the last month.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
That's why I like the Vodafone 90 day one, if we are careful we can get away with 3GB a week. Big advantage of the Vodafone one is you can top up at the same price. £25 for 15GB. Don't have to keep buying new SIM cards.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I’m with TerryL here
A12gb 1 year runs out of time (ie12 months) before the data goes for a cost of around £30 -£35 pounds even if he buys a 1 year not a 2 year which makes it even cheaper per year !!

HOW is a £5 a month contract (£60 a year) better when he wont use that data either

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I’m with TerryL here
A12gb 1 year runs out of time (ie12 months) before the data goes for a cost of around £30 -£35 pounds even if he buys a 1 year not a 2 year which makes it even cheaper per year !!

HOW is a £5 a month contract (£60 a year) better when he wont use that data either
Yes but this assuming everyone has a mobile phone so you only need one contract, if you haven't got a phone why do you need data anyway?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
But as I explained earlier if you have a variable monthly data requirement you'd be forever increasing \ decreasing the data contract with potential penalty clauses if you forget to do so! This was based on the provider you're quoting, ID Mobile at 1Gb \ month for £6, 2Gb \ month for £7, etc.
Far too much hassle \ risk and an extra £6 over the 24 month period for us.:(
Inclusive contract just doesn't make sense for some.:(

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Stick my 100g vodaphone sim in mifi and use Managements 1p mobile for calls, of which we make few when away. Also divert sim that’s put in mifi to Managements phone, for any incoming calls to my phone.

There, that’s sorted it out, you can close the thread now. :gum:

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Stick my 100g vodaphone sim in mifi and use Managements 1p mobile for calls, of which we make few when away. Also divert sim that’s put in mifi to Managements phone, for any incoming calls to my phone.

There, that’s sorted it out, you can close the thread now. :gum:
As you say , no more we can add, if you have a phone you don't need a mifi thingy, all on the one phone on the one contract, connect everything else to your phone, all in one , end of story, as they say. (y) (y) (y) :) :) :)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
As you say , no more we can add, if you have a phone you don't need a mifi thingy, all on the one phone on the one contract, connect everything else to your phone, all in one , end of story, as they say. (y) (y) (y) :) :) :)
Sorry just doesn't work in remote areas or up in the mountains. Can't get a data signal on either phone but the mifi with roof mounted aerial will pull in a 3 or 4G signal.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
MiFi, phone for data - sorry a monthly contract still wouldn't suit our way of motorhoming. I've been experimenting with the new smartphone over the last couple of months and for our use, believe it or not, letting our phones connect to the mifi when we need internet actually works out the best for us.

Have read all the posts carefully, and thank everyone for their input - but you have to accept that there isn't a one-off solution that suits everybody. 'Nuff said.

I'm now looking at a permanent mifi in the van with a decent external aerial.

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
That's why I like the Vodafone 90 day one, if we are careful we can get away with 3GB a week. Big advantage of the Vodafone one is you can top up at the same price. £25 for 15GB. Don't have to keep buying new SIM cards.

Hi Lenny HB, I am liking your 15GB PAYG data sim card with Vodafone.

It appears to be only availble through Argos. Can't find much info on the Vodafone site, do you happen to know the restrictions on roaming (if any) and I am assuming topping up whilst abroad is OK?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If it's the best option for you then it's right way for you to go.(y)
It's a pity that you can't understand that it's not the best option for everyone.:(
But hey ho ......

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
I have a 3-4g roof mounted aerial connected to a mifi, if i am on a site with no signal i put my phone sim in the mifi and have never yet not got a usable signal. Only takes a minute to swap sims and suites me doing it that way

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Hi Lenny HB, I am liking your 15GB PAYG data sim card with Vodafone.

It appears to be only availble through Argos. Can't find much info on the Vodafone site, do you happen to know the restrictions on roaming (if any) and I am assuming topping up whilst abroad is OK?
Dammed hard to find on the Vodafone site not sure if I bought mine from Vodafone or on eBay.
Topped mine up in France last week, their website kept falling over trying to top up, found a customer service number via Google that worked.
Don't think there are any restrictions

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I have a 3-4g roof mounted aerial connected to a mifi, if i am on a site with no signal i put my phone sim in the mifi and have never yet not got a usable signal. Only takes a minute to swap sims and suites me doing it that way
But you can't make and receive phones calls then.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Yes but this assuming everyone has a mobile phone so you only need one contract, if you haven't got a phone why do you need data anyway?
Very presumptive
The mobile I have belongs to the company I work for and I am not allowed to use for (personal) data streaming
We are all different

Oct 19, 2015
Burgess Hill, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 580
Exp
Since 2016
Dammed hard to find on the Vodafone site not sure if I bought mine from Vodafone or on eBay.
Topped mine up in France last week, their website kept falling over trying to top up, found a customer service number via Google that worked.
Don't think there are any restrictions

Thanks I'll give it a go. Goodbye 3 Network!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back