preventing a sticky situation (1 Viewer)

mr bond

Free Member
Mar 13, 2010
near cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbie again
just wondering what everyone uses on wet grass so you dont get stuck do you use something to park on while you are in your motorhome and then drive straight off them or do you put them under the wheels to try and get traction prob sound stupid but new to all this would be gratefull fo all your feedback as i know some have you have all the answers:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After getting caught out, if I even THINK it might be a bit boggy I walk it first and prod about a bit with my trusty steel tipped umbrella !

If it is iffy then I put the mats down and drive straight on them..

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You can use mats/bread crates for traction. When parking up in iffy weather, use your levelling ramps well......if you level off in the direction you will be leaving in by backing onto the ramps, they will offer a little bit of initial momentum - which is the point where you are more likely to slip.

Make sure you have everything stowed, roll off them and keep going - you can leave your other half to grab the ramps - or if you are crafty, attach a peice of cord to the back of the ramps, and hook the to your towing eye, so when you leave, they get dragged along behind until you get to firmer ground. lol!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gazz

Formerly "gazznhelz"
Mar 16, 2010
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
i drive a rear wheel drive motorhome with 3 tons over the twin rear wheels,

i ease the clutch up in 2nd gear at idle, and dont add any revs untill i am sure i've got enough momentum to keep me going if she slips a bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back